You are Me, I am You

A WEEK LATER

It's been week since Jungkook's life has turned upside down. He never thought his one unharmed lie would destroy his world into ashes and he wouldn't be able to do anything. But he is Jeon Jungkook and he isn't letting his love go just because of a stupid lie and a lizard face b**ch. He just wanted to talk to his Mimi to tell him everything but life isn't easy. He went to office but didn't get a chance to meet him because for the first four days, his Mimi wasn't even in the office. How could he when he is crying over his broken trust when in reality it's not true (but it is, you did lie as Tae says). And when he got lucky to even find him in the office, he was forbidden from entry by the secretary as per CEO's request. And the one time they saw each other, which was day before yesterday his heart broke into million pieces seeing his lover so broken and hurt just because of his one lie. He wanted to go and hug him but the broken look in his lover's eye didn't let him.

After a big and long lecture from his hyungs, he is here now in front of Park Mansion to finish this matter. He will tell the truth and if after this his lover asked him to leave then he will. But not before telling the truth. The voice of maid brought him out of his trance.

MAID: Sir take a seat.

JUNGKOOK: Thank you. Will you please call M..I mean Jimin hyung.

MOM: Jungkook?

JUNGKOOK: Mom ...

MOM (sternly): What are you doing here?

The stern tone of Mrs Park brought shame to Jungkook. He was so invested in finding Jimin that he never stopped to think that how the elder couple would be feeling.

JUNGKOOK: M-Mom, Please .I am sorry. I didn't cheated.

MOM: You didn't. Then tell me why my son is so broken. I trusted you with my son. I thought you would take care of his fragile heart but look at you..

JUNGKOOK (holding her hand): Mom let me explain, please. I never meant to hurt him. But the truth is not what he sa.

JIMIN: What the hell are you doing here?

MOM: Jimi...

JIMIN: I asked you why you are here. Aren't you done? Haven't you had your fun?

JUNGKOOK: Mimi.....

JIMIN: DON'T FUCKING CALL ME THAT. DON'T YOU DARE.

MOM: Baby, please calm down.

JUNGKOOK: Hyung listen to me once, please.

MOM: Leave Jungkook. No one wants you here.

Mrs Park takes Jungkook's hand and leads him toward the door.

JUNGKOOK: Mimi please.....Mom please let me explain.

Before they could reach the door, a voice stopped them.

Mrs. PARK: Honey.

MR PARK: Speak. and say what do you want.

JIMIN: Dad?

MR PARK: Let him speak. I want to know why you did that? Why you hurt my son and us? I saw love in your eyes. I couldn't have mistaken you. So Speak because after this you won't get a chance.

Jungkook wiped his tears and went in front of his lover who wasn't even looking at him.

JUNGKOOK: I am so sorry Mimi. I love you, love you more than anything. I didn't cheat. I lied to you, Yes. But never cheat on you.

JIMIN: You never did. Where were you then? All those weeks, all the time I asked you to join me for lunch, all the times you were "BUSY".

JUNGKOOK: I am sorry for all that. But you know your Koo is dumb. In my head it was a harmeless lie as long as you didn't knew. I just wanted to make you happy. I didn't intended to do this.

MR PARK: Where were you?

JUNGKOOK: I was with my HYUNG. The guy you saw was my brother's husband, Jin Hyung. He came to Seoul for some work so I just wanted to spend some time with him.

HANEUL: Then why didn't you invited Oppa with you?

JUNGKOOK: Because if he would be here, then he would know.....

JIMIN: Know what?

JUNGKOOK (chuckling): I LIKE CHICKEN, MEAT AND ALL THAT UNHEALTHY STUFF.

MR & MRS PARK: WHAT?

JIMIN: dumbfounded

HANEUL: Huh?

JUNGKOOK: It all started with a lie, one fucking lie to make you happy, to belong to this whole thing. Never thought it would cause this to me.

JIMIN: W-What does that have to do with everything? What you like have to be in this matter?

JUNGKOOK: Because you don't like it. I come from a place where you eat everything and not care about anything, not this prim and proper place.

JIMIN (steps forward): Jungkook! Did I ever force you to belong to this place, my place? I asked you in the beginning, you are free to do anything. Then why lie?

JUNGKOOK: Do you remember our first date? The restaurant you took me?

JIMIN: Yeah. I took you to the restaurant my parents met "The Val".

JUNGKOOK: Do you know its one of the luxurious and high end restaurant.

JIMIN: I know but what are you trying to say.

JUNGKOOK: I didn't at the start. We sat there and enjoyed. There were people who you knew, we met them. After some time, I realized they keep looking at us even the waiters. I thought they found us cute. But I soon realized, they weren't looking because we were cute. They were looking because A CEO's Son who is going to be a CEO in his 3 piece suit is sitting with a guy who's just wearing his convenience store hoodie and trouser. They were looking because I didn't belonged there. They were looking because they were disgusted by my clothes, my tattoos and my piercing because it didn't told them that I am from a respectable family. I got so conscious and I couldn't enjoy. I kept smiling so as to not alert you. I went to bathroom and heard someone saying 'Oh, Mr Park is with him for just fun. It won't last long'. 'Yeah. The boy is fun toy not someone's life partner'. Gosh it killed me when I realized that as I stand with you they didn't even thought that I could ever be you life partner because for them I could be only a play time for you.

Jimin's eyes softened.

I am sorry. I never cheated, anything but that. (cupping Jimin's cheeks) There was only one person with whom I dreamt of happily ever after and it was you and no one else. I am so sorry.

JIMIN: Tell me Koo.

JUNGKOOK: Hm

JIMIN: Do those faceless strangers meant so much to you that you never realized what you mean to me? Was my love not strong that you changed yourself to satisfy their eyes but forgot the satisfaction that you give to my heart.

Jungkook looked at Jimin with wide eyes before a painful sob broke out and he fell on his knees clinging to Jimin. He cried for his stupidity, cried for his insecurities and cried for his younger self. Jimin sat down and brought him to his arms and pecking his hair.

Mr & Mrs Park just watched their sons with tears as they hugged each other. Their sons can take care of each other, they don't need others. They are enough. They never even for a second believed that Jungkook cheated on Jimin. They haves seen how their sons look at each other. They just waited for them to solve their misunderstanding.