Chapter one

S3 Episode 12

Feeling the wind rush through my hair as I speed down the freeway is the best feeling I've felt in a while. The thought of realizing where I am heading to though, not so much. It's been 5 years since I really stepped foot in Mystic Falls, well besides my parents funeral but my good friend gin and tonic helped block that out mainly.
You see I was never really close with my family. Sure I love them dearly and I'd do anything for them but I feel some sort of disconnect from them. Elena has always just been a kind of bratty younger sister and Jeremy too out of it to even hold a simple conversation. But that was years ago and people change, I really have no idea who they are anymore. Now seemed like the perfect time to stop by for a few days with how life is going in New Orleans. So here I am passing the 'Welcome to Mystic Falls' sign, just a few minutes from my childhood home. When suddenly I feel my head getting fuzzy.
"Not again." I mumbled to myself. Thank god I learned how to continue like normal with these new visions I've been getting or else I'd be in a ditch right about now.

"Now why haven't you painted me yet? I'd be the perfect muse." I say jokingly.
"You know I'd love to paint you darling, but you do need to sit still long enough for that." Mystery man jokes back.
"As long as I got to stare at your beautiful face I would be quite content with that." I say back smugly.
"Beautiful? I much rather prefer handsome, good looking, dapper even."
"Well I prefer to call you my beautiful man, now how would you like me to pose?" I say, striking a silly pose.
"Hmm how about laying down across the bed but with less clothes.." He says and I can feel the smirk on his face.
"You naughty, naughty boy." I laugh as I toss a pillow towards him.

I blink a few times, checking my surroundings to make sure I'm still driving. These visions are driving me crazy. They appeared out of no where almost a year ago but the worst part is I never see this mystery man, I can only hear him. But boy oh boy does he have a stunning voice. I feel like I am going insane, maybe my brain is making this man up in my head to fill my lonely love life, I think to myself chuckling.
I realize that I am turning down my childhood street and I suddenly feel nervous. As I make my way to the house, I see two people standing outside by the driveway. I pull to the side of the curb and try to make out who they are but have no idea so I roll down my window and listen to them talk.
"Stefan...say something. Please?" I hear what I'm pretty sure is my sister say.
"I shouldn't have kidnapped you. The car, the bridge, that was too far." The guy she's talking to says. What the hell..
"Thank you." She says back.
"But you shouldn't have lied to me today. You can't go off and do things like that, Elena. Not while Klaus is still alive." He says back. Okay so definitely talking to my sister but what the actual hell is going on. After listening to enough, I grab my bag and get out of the car.
"Hello?" I say to grab their attention. The man stands in front of Elena cautiously and says, "Can we help you?"
"Uh yeah actually you can move out of my way and let me say hi to my sister, thanks." I say already getting weird vibes from him.
"Veronica?!" Elena looks past him and says. "I know it's been forever but I just figured I'd come check on you guys." I say nervously, knowing it's been way too long since I've been here. The random man looks over at Elena and says, "You have a sister?"
"Hi, yes I am standing right here. I'm Veronica and who might you be?" I say getting a good look at him and then putting out my hand to shake.
"Sorry um I'm Stefan, a friend." He says, shaking my hand. All I felt was a familiar coldness.
"Well it was nice to meet you but I'd really love to spend some time with my sister so..." I say back. He realizes what I'm hinting at and quickly says goodbye to Elena. I look over at her and say, "So welcome hugs?" She quickly pulls me in for a hug and says, "V, what the hell. You haven't been back in ages, what're you doing here?"
I pull back, looking at her and say, "I don't know.. I miss you guys, I have no idea what's going on with your lives, we never talk, and I just needed a break from my life."
"Yeah well whose fault is that? You ignored any texts I sent or Jeremy, it got exhausting trying to reach out to you." Elena says back. Still bratty I see.
"I know, I know I'm sorry but I'm glad I'm back now because we have more important things to discuss." I say to her seriously.
"What?" She says cautiously.
"What the hell are you doing hanging out with a vampire?"

—————————————————————————————
hi guys !! I hope chapter one was ok this is my first story Ive written in ages so be nice pls! Anyways I have a lot of ideas for this story and hopefully I'll upload often.
Thanks for reading!
-Daisy