Chapter three

Third person pov
S3 episode 12 cont.
****************
Daniel, one of Klaus' hybrids, pushes the last coffin into the house, "So, you've got your family back. Finally. You gonna open them?" He asks Klaus.
"Not quite yet. I still have some unfinished business to take care of." Klaus responses back.
"What business?" He questions him. Suddenly Daniel feels a sharp pain through his chest as he gasps. Next thing you know he is dead on the ground, with dear Elijah standing behind him with his heart in his hands. "So, Niklaus.." Elijah says.
Klaus looks shocked, clearly not being the one that undagger him, "Elijah!" He says.
"What did I miss?" Elijah says looking over at his bloody hand.

Veronica's pov
S3 episode 13
**************
I wake up from my phone buzzing very loudly close to me. I glance over to see who was calling, Allison, of course. I slam a pillow over my face and groan. I couldn't be left alone for one night? I decide it's best just to ignore it then indulge in whatever she got herself involved in.
I get up out of bed, brushing my hair and changing into a pair of light jeans and a burnt orange shirt, cute. I make my way downstairs hearing Alaric and Elena talking.
"Yeah, sorry about that. It was a bit of a weird night." Alaric awkwardly says to Elena.
"I told you you don't have to feel guilty about inviting Meredith over here." She says back to him somewhat sternly.
"Oh I know. And I thank you for that. But I do feel guilty for whiskey dialing her at two in the a.m." He says back to her as I'm walking into the kitchen.
"Been there, done that." I say announcing my presence before opening up the fridge looking for something to drink.
"No you didn't..." Elena laughs saying. "Oh, yes I did." He says.
"Hey I'm sure if she likes you enough, she'll just laugh it off. I mean what's the worst thing you said?" I ask, looking at him.
"Well, as soon as these aspirin kick in and I remember the conversation, I'll let you know." He jokes back. "Uh oh.." I say back, "yeah definitely been in the same boat."
Suddenly the doorbell rings. "I'll get it." Elena says, walking towards the door. I quickly try to beat her to it in case it's her vampire friend, Stefan. She gets there before I can, opening it to reveal Sheriff Forbes. Someone I finally know.
"Ms. Forbes! It's so good to see you!" I say excitedly. I've always loved Caroline's mom, she's basically a second mother to me. "Hi Veronica, I didn't realize you were home! It's been years, wow, you've grown up." She says somewhat awkwardly, trying to hide whatever it is she has in her hand. "Um Elena, Alaric I need to have a quick chat with you both.." She trails off before glancing at me.
"She knows. Is uh, everything okay?" Elena says. Clearly meaning whatever brought her here has to do with vampires. "Oh! Uh ok, this is an unconventional conversation we're about to have. So I hope you'll protect me on it." Sheriff Forbes says back.
"Of course." Alaric says, stepping out into the porch with the rest of us before closing the front door.
"I assume you've heard our medical examiner was murdered the night of the Wickery Bridge fundraiser."
"Oh shit..." I muttered. I leave New Orleans to get away from this type of stuff only for it to be just as bad here. Elena gives me a look basically telling me to zip it.
"Yeah. Brian Walters. Why?" Alaric asks.
"We've been investigating. Someone drove this stake through his heart." She pulls what looks like an evidence bag from behind her back, with a stake in it.
"That looks like one from our parents lake house.." I say, glancing at the three of them.
"You know about them?" Elena asks me. "I know about a lot more than you think, Elena." I say not really looking at her.
"Well, that's why I'm here. I haven't told anyone but forensics ran it for prints and found only one clean set." She then looks at Elena and says, "Yours."
"What?" Elena says, shocked. Clearly not being the one to kill whoever this guy is.
"Well then... I'm gonna go explore, ya know, leave me out of this mess. Have fun being a murder suspect!" I say before slipping on a pair of shoes, grabbing my keys and walking out the door.
I head to my car deciding to explore what's new in Mystic Falls, probably nothing. I turn on some music and put the top down in my convertible, god I love this car. I feel the cool air on my face, it almost makes me wanna close my eyes. Driving is the only thing that makes me feel normal anymore. I like being here honestly, I can step away from the drama, I don't have to be involved here. But the thought of my sister being involved makes me feel like I failed my siblings..speaking of which where the hell is Jeremy? I'll have to harass Elena later for more answers.
I pull up near the Mystic Grill before hoping out of my car, I decide to walk around for a bit before going inside. I love the weather here. I close my eyes briefly enjoying the fresh air, breathing it in, when suddenly I crash into something. Or someone.
"Oh gosh, I am so sorry!" I say before looking up, seeing a very handsome man in a suit.
"No need for apologies, I should've watched where I was walking." He says very formally in his British accent. I'm a sucker for accents.
"No, no it was definitely me." I say chuckling, "It's just so nice out, I was embracing the air. Um, I'm Veronica." I say sticking out my hand.
He looks at me with familiarity and says, "No worries, I'm Elijah, it's a pleasure to meet you." He shakes my hand and I'm hit with a visions.

I'm laying in bed, my head laying on someone's chest as they play with my hair.
I look up admiring him, without really seeing what he looks like, it's just a blur.
"What's up, love?" He asks me.
"Just admiring you." I smile lovingly, "I love you."
"And I love you darling, always." He replies.
Suddenly someone walks into the room, interrupting us.
"Oh my apologies Veronica, I didn't realize you were here." I hear someone say.
Elijah.

I jolt out of my head realizing I'm still shaking Elijah's hand. I instantly pull back and glance up, he's looking at me confused.
"I'm sorry, um, I, I gotta go. It was nice to meet you Elijah." I say before quickly walking off, not even hearing his reply but feeling him watch me.
I'm going crazy, I have to be. This can't be real. He's not real.
I walk into the Grill, in desperate need of a drink. I sit at the bar, calling over the bartender and order. I rub my head clearly stressed. I just need to not think anymore. I need to be wasted that's what, I down my drink before ordering another. And another. And another.
.
.
.
.
Oooo she met Elijah..

So the above picture is what she's wearing, idk if it's quite accurate for the time period but oh well

So the above picture is what she's wearing, idk if it's quite accurate for the time period but oh well. Most of the outfit inspo will be based off of Love Quinn from You because I'm obsessed with her style. Anyways please tell me whatcha think so far!
-Daisy 💛