Prom Night (Part 10)

I did expect that me and Kate will be crowned Prom King and Prom Queen. Very predictable mo Amilia. While we were having our first dance I saw Bucky just beside the dessert table in his sleek white tux waiting for my signal. I stared at the DJ and I gave him a nod, and he changed the music to a lively one and I looked at Buck again and he started shouting and dancing and I saw my boys working. They danced with Amilia's friends and one of them took Blue out of the scene. I let Buck dance with Kate, saw Amber who was talking to another guy, oh yeah he's one of those guys waiting for us to get divorce. Taking his chance huh? I grabbed Amber and we left the scene. "Where are you taking me?" I did not answer, I just continued dragging her out of the school "This is considered kidnapping you know" she's very hesitant to come along so I carried her out. "You know, when you will cooperate with your husband it will not be as bad as this"
"EX-Husband, you forgot?"
"Oh I'm sorry EX-Wife, but I'm not letting you leave without telling you how I feel"
And I got her in to the car and we drove away from school "Where are you taking me JM?"
"Just settle down Amber please. I just want us to be alone"
"Why? I thought we have already agreed"
"Did we? You were not communicating properly. I didn't know you signed the papers. You didn't tell me you were trying to convince my parents about Kate"
"You're Welcome Mat? I was doing that for you. Can you be a little grateful because I made it easier for you" The car was put on halt and I looked at her. The moonlight was directed on her face and her beauty glistened making it hard for me to tell her how much I love her. She stared at me with those emerald eyes of hers and time just stopped.

She was saying something and I just kissed her there and then

She was saying something and I just kissed her there and then. She was shocked as I pulled my lips away from her.

That silenced her tho

That silenced her tho. "I Love You" And she just stared at me but something's not there any more. The look she gave me was different from before. "Is it all gone Amber? Did it really disappear? Do I have to kiss you again?" And she stopped me "I'm sorry JM, you have forced me to stop loving you. It was hard at first but I did my best to. I told you, I am willing to do anything and everything for you even if it hurts me." I felt tears running down my face and she looked away "Then I have a lot of work to do then right?"
"What?"
"I have to earn your love"
There was a honk behind my car, a familiar face went out of the driver seat. Of course, the butler. Grace took Amber out of the car. She looked at me and smiled. "You have to try harder Montenegro, this girl will be unreachable to you from now on. Prove me wrong" I looked at Grace and said "You'll be seeing me from time to time Grace" She waved at me and shook her head saying "We'll see"
I saw their car leave till they faded towards the abyss. I haven't slept that entire night planning. Buck texted me that Amber left that same night after we had our moment. I know it will be harder for me to have her this time. But knowing it will be all worth it drives me to do more for her.

———————————————————————————

I was silent the entire time in the car while we were on our way to the airport

I was silent the entire time in the car while we were on our way to the airport. Grace told me that we're going back to Poland and the Griffin administration granted my early graduation separately from my batch mates. When we got to the airport, I saw my girls running towards me. But it was not goodbye because I'll be seeing them in Oxford as well. "I'm happy our friendship is everlasting" Peanut exclaimed. "We are meant to be together then" Cream added. "Does JM know you ditched Harvard?" Bubblegum asked. I shook my head and there was silence again. "Before you go, Bucky asked me to give this to you. He said, Maya draw that one. Just open it when you're plane leaves alright?" I nodded. "I'll be seeing you girls, I'll keep in touch" and we had a group hug.

After saying our goodbyes, I was escorted by Grace towards Daddy and we walked towards an open runway. And I saw familiar faces, the 2 pilots who've been flying with us since I was young. Eric and Peter, haven't seen them in awhile. They were happy to see me as much as I do. "Cześć Amilia". That's hello in Polish.
"Dobry wieczór Eric, Peter" and they smiled. Guess I'm back where I really belong huh. As I was getting comfortable in my seat, I remembered the piece of paper Bubblegum gave me. I opened that tiny square which unfolded to a bigger rectangular pad. I saw three stick figures of people inside a tiny house. One figure has red streaks on her head carrying a box of cupcakes, beside her was a tall guy and at the middle was a little girl carrying a tank. At the bottom of the drawing, three words were written "We Love You" and I broke down to tears. My dad comforted me the entire flight back home.