The Strongest Ally

Hotaru woke up earlier than she had quite expected and had already finished school preparations at some point before the clock struck 6 in the morning.

Now, she was leisurely eating her breakfast with her family, with the exception of her siblings who are currently studying in Tokyo.

"Are you going to school this early?" Her father asked her as he sipped his morning coffee. The strong aroma of the drink wafted throughout the dining room. Hotaru just nodded in response wih a soft 'Mm'.

His father had golden brown eyes and dark brown hair, which she took after him including his height. He was currently wearing a white, long-sleeved dress shirt with a red necktie and a pair of black slacks for his office work.

Hotaru's mother, who looked exactly just like the younger girl except for the hair and eyes, walked out from the kitchen and was holding a plate of their breakfast which she set down in front of her husband.

"What are you gonna do at school this early?" The young brunette picked up her plate as she stood up from her seat and headed to the sink.

"I'll be checking out the second gymnasium. I'll be coming home later than usual, mom." Hotaru went to their living room after kissing her parents goodbye on the cheeks.

"Why? Did you join a club or something?" Her mom followed her to the front door as she wiped her hands on her apron that she wore. Hotaru smiled a bit.

"Yes. I'll be one of the managers of our boys' volleyball club," the girl wore her school shoes and walked out of their home.

"Alright then. I'll send you a message if we're gonna be home late from work, okay?" Hotaru's mom smiled at the sight of her daughter who waved back at her as she started her journey to her school.

The older female went back inside the house and was greeted by her husband who was seated on the dining table.

"What's up with Hotaru?" The female Hoshizawa chuckled softly as she responded to the male one, "She said she's gonna be a manager for one of the clubs in her high school."

~~~

Hotaru was walking to get to Karasuno High School when her phone beeped twice, alerting her that she had just received messages.

~

From: Hana-oneechan
To: Hotaru-chan

Hotaru-chan, when are you going to visit Tokyo? Oniichan and I are lonely. :(

~

From: Hiro-oniichan
To: Hotaru

Hotaru! You have to accompany me and Hana when you come back to Tokyo, alright? Be good and do your best in school. We love you!

~

The youngest out of the three siblings, which was Hotaru, cringed when she read the text messages that she had received from her older brother and sister.

However, she softened at the last sentence that her brother attached at the end of his message. It was always their older brother who tries to be chummy towards the two of them.

But he knows just how much Hana and Hotaru loves him back. The girl chuckled, shaking her head before typing up a reply that she'll send to the both of them.

~

From: Hotaru
To: Hana-oneechan, Hiro-oniichan

You guys. It's just the second day since classes started and you're already talking about vacation? How about you guys come here in Miyagi instead? Mom and dad would be happier that way. :P