-act 9-

Aether had been remaining by Dilucs side , for some reason .. the red head was pretty protective and caring of Aether . Every single day , he had remained hidden in the shadows .. until one day he had found a little something back in his inventory . A mask , specifically, a mask that fit perfectly on his face . It was ..

The mask from Inazuma

The mask from Inazuma .. where he had watched fireworks and had many festivals , a beautiful beautiful place . Aether had settled the mask onto his face , no longer wanting to startle people with his wretched .. dead-like face . To him he felt like a bug , stomped on, hated , what used to be beautiful snd could be put to a lovely use . Yet instead thrown to the side .. When Aether first showed himself , with the mask of course . Diluc raised a brow , kneeling down and gently pulling it down to the hero's neck.

"Aether , why must you wear such? Won't it bother your poor skin?"

"I .. I thought it would be more proper to cover such mess .?"

Diluc giggled at Aethers shrunken voice , yet also feeling bad ..

"Oh Aether .. you don't have to hide .. your face is beautiful .. your smile , the stories written in your scars .. its lovely . You're lovely."

Aether felt his heart skip a beat , putting his hand on it as he felt rather flattered .. his cheeks becoming a baby pink .

"diluc .. your heart is too pure ."

He hugged Diluc tightly, never wanting to let go of such an angel .

"No Aether.. it's yo-"

"do not, i have spoken the truth and it cannot be spoken over ."

"Alright then.."

They both giggled , embracing each other in warm arms . It felt like home, having the one who understands them in their arms.. comfort and the smell of warmth and petals of love flowing around them . It was like a true heaven , just Diluc , and Aether . No more disturbances , no more interruptions , just , them .

short , very short chapter . Sorry, having problems with mental health and very busy just in general . Yet soon ill be on a vacation so expect many updates! Maybe .