Chapter one: New kid

Gregory's POV

"Hey, you! " I turned around just to get a plate of food slammed on my face. "Thats what happens when you push me! " Laughter, that is all I could hear.

But, I didn't care, I had the same expression, I wiped off some of the food from my face then processed to walk to the bathroom, I then washed my face, When I went back, I simply told the dude "sorry.. " although I really wasn't, I didn't bump into him, someone else did, but things like this didn't effected me.

The things I loved wouldn't even make a faint or small smile. I was weird, at least that is what I was told.

Finally, I got my food, I then sat in the back, and the darker part of the luchroom.

"Gregory!! ~" I heard a familiar voice say. I turn my head to see... Iris. I looked away, I then, from the corner of my eye, see her sit next to me. "You never talk, why is that? " I shrugged my shoulders, even though I knew. "AHH! " She screamed. She was about to fall backwards, she did it on purpose, I knew, she just wanted me to help her, she likes me, thats what I was told. I really don't care since I know don't feel the same, I don't feel any type of way to her, anyone, I don't feel a negative way to her. I don't know neither, no one had told me why, but, I could care less.

"Thank you, my hero, saved me once again! " she laughed, I simply looked away as she fixed herself, I then started to play with my food. Iris was about to say something, but the bell rang. I waved goodbye, "bye, bye, see you later Gregory!! "

It was time for, math. 'Oh' math was easy, every subject was, when I was in second grade, I was as smart as a college student, my teachers tried to give me harder work, which was high school work, but, to me, it was super simple.

"Attention class! Today, we have a new transfered student" Mrs. Mary called out. 'New student... ' I thought, I then put my head down. "Come in! " she yelled facing the door. A smaller boy walked in, his hair was a bit messy, and I could tell he was nervous, he wore a short sleeved gray shirt that had white strips on it, underneath, he wore and black long sleeved shirt. He wore a pair of ripped jeans and he had two pairs of black sneakers. I looked at the boy, I put my focus on him, I don't know why, I hadn't noticed that my name was being called.

"GREGORY! " Mrs. Mary called out to me. I looked up with a confused face. "Where did Jack sit? " She asked. I pointed at the seat behind me, she whispered something into the boys ear.

These problems were easy, many people had trouble, so they asked the teacher for help, sometimes she would ask me to help them, although, I never talked to them, I just showed them, that just seemed to make them more confused, they would often report to the teacher that I wasn't really helping, when I was asked "how are you the smartest kid here, yet you can't even help your peers? " I just shrugged my shoulders, all I was doing is showing them how I do my work, the way I learned.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, which made me flinch, only because I wasn't expecting that. "Uhmm, can you help m-me? " A unfamiliar voice asked, I knew every students voice so I suppose it is the new kid. I turn to face the person, I was right. I nodded, he then pulled his chair up to my table and looked closely at what I was showing him.

He then tried doing a problem by himself, using what I showed him.

"L-like this? " he asked nervously. I nodded, I then faintly smiled, but that smile instantly went away. 'Did I just.. smile? '

"Uhm Sir? " I looked up at him, I gave him a confused look. "C-can you check my uhmm work?" He asked, I nodded and looked at his notebook.

He was the first one to understand what I showed them. I knew this because he did the steps correctly. I opened my mouth to talk, but then shut it.

I wrote on my note book good job! I was going to put his name, but, I didn't know it, I wasn't paying attention when he introduced himself. "I'm Evan" he told me with a smile. "Gregory" I whispered.

I started to like this new kid.
——————————————————
Words... (790) 🤩