Chapter 3

An unusual silence permeates Walter's bedroom. Only muffled sobs and weeping can be heard. Walter lays in bed with his face buried deep into his warm pillow. Orange ribbons rest entwined on top of the bedside table, next to a sculpture of a raven. There's a thin coat of dust covering the toy box. The bedroom door creaks ajar, as Azul prowls in and rests his head on Walter's bed. His solace eyes stared at Walter as he licked his hand. Walter's mom walks in.

"Hey Walt, your friend from school is here. She wanted to come play with you." she said.

Walter lobbed his face from his pillow revealing his rose red cheeks and wiped runaway tears from his eyes. He tried to resist from smiling too hard.

"Really!? Uh um okay, let her in." He said reaching for his baseball cap and bashing it on his head.

"Okay sweetie, I'll tell her to come up." She said with a enormous smirk on her face walking out the room.

Walter catapulted out of bed and flicked the lights on. The 60 watt light bulb brought life into the tidy room. He quickly made his bed and changed out of his comfy blue footy pajamas and into a nice blue plaid button up shirt and some jeans. A few seconds later Walter's friend Alyssa wanders into his bedroom.

"Hey Disney, you look good. How are you feeling?"

Walter stands staring in awe, Alyssa is a few inches shorter than he is and she is wearing a light-toned orange blouse with a white bow on the middle of her collar and a nice pair of jeans. Her lengthy auburn hair is in its signature bun. She has faded freckles on her cheeks, and mesmerizing hazel eyes.

"Thanks, I'm fine apple head." Walter said leaning in to hug her.

"Dude I haven't seen you in like a year, that's so crazy. I felt weird not being around you." Alyssa said hugging him back.

"Yeah its been a while, I see you still haven't had time to wash those spots off your face." Walter said giggling.

"Yeah yeah, hardy har." Alyssa said shoving Walter into bed.

The wind is calm, and the sun is just beginning to set after a long day. Alyssa and Walter are sitting next to each other laughing in the ginormous Ferris wheel. It's reached the top and came to a stop. Everything became still, the beautiful glow from the setting sun is shining onto them both.

"I wish this moment could last forever." Walter said staring over the horizon at the sun settling in for the night.

"But then it wouldn't be a moment anymore." Alyssa replied

The cart they're sitting in sways slowly back and forth.

"You okay Disney?" Alyssa asks helping Walter off the floor

"Yeah I'm fine she hulk, your parents are feeding you way too many peas and carrots." Walter said getting up off the floor.

They both sit on Walter's bed.

"What are all those little TVs for around your bed?" Alyssa asked pointing at the monitors

"My parents said they are really important and will help me time travel, and the bed is my futuristic car." Walter replied fixing his baseball cap.

"Can you take that stupid hat off, it looks ridiculous? You look like a giant blueberry." Alyssa said laughing

"No I don't want too, you'll laugh because I look weird." Walter said putting his head down.

There was silence for a couple minutes. Alyssa gazed at Walter sitting with his face in his hands.

"There's nothing wrong with you, Disney. Stop hiding and be yourself. It's me, you know I'm here for you." Alyssa said putting her arm on Walter's shoulder trying to console him.

A scintillating burst of light soars across the sky. Countless twinkles infest the night sky and a full moon illuminates the area where Walter and Alyssa are laying down gazing into the sky.

"A shooting star! Awe I never saw one before quick make a wish!" Alyssa said immediately shutting her eyes and crossing her fingers.

Walter just kept staring up at the stars. A raven came swooping down and landed a arms length away from Walter. It's black feathers stood out unusually in the dark, it has a pastel purple stripe horizontally along its back. The bird stared at Walter as if it was going to say something. Walter stared back with a assuring look on his face. Alyssa finally opened her eyes again and the raven flew off.

"Come on Disney, take off the stupid hat." Alyssa insisted while reaching for Walter's baseball cap.

Walter lifted his head up and allowed her to take his hat off. There wasn't a single strand of hair on his head anymore. He turned his eyes to look at Alyssa, she was staring at his head, she had a slight smile on her face and her eyes were wide. She raised her hand and rubbed Walter's bald head.

"Your head is soft, I like it though. Now you look like a egg with blue eyes." Alyssa said smiling

Walter couldn't help but blush, his cheeks turned red and he had the biggest cheesiest smile in the world. Unexpectedly, Alyssa leaned over and kissed Walter on his rose red cheek. One of the monitors began beeping rapidly, and Azul covered his face with his paw.