Chapter 3: Star

Marco Diaz. Such a simple name for someone who seems to be anything but simple. I study his reflection in the window. Red hoodie, leather jacket and ripped jeans. Mysterious chocolate eyes and messy dark brown hair. Pierced ears, eyebrow slit, fading black eye, and abrasions on his knuckles. Everything about him screams "I'm not good for you Star." but his smirk is just so enticing. 

I decide to go over and introduce myself. "Hello, there. My name is Star Butterfly. You must be Marco Diaz." I extend my hand for a handshake. He stands up and takes my hand, firmly shaking it. He must have a lot of self confidence. It is at this moment that I realize his height. He's at least a head taller than me with wide shoulders and a strong jaw. I have to tilt my head up to look him in the eyes. "Hey Butterfly." He says playfully, a small smile forming on his lips. 

"Marco here is a black belt in karate. So if any danger comes along he is well equipped to protect Star." says the principal. I just roll my eyes. I don't need him to protect me. I'm very capable of doing that myself. "Very well then. Star, call me on your mirror if you ever need me." says my mother. "Of course." I reply.

 I say my goodbyes and then it's just Marco and I in front of the school. "MARCOOOO!!" A girl with jet black hair runs up and tackles him. "Oof. Hi Janna." Marco chuckles. "Ooo. Whos this??" she asks, nodding to me. "Hi, I'm Star." I say with a small smile and a wave. "She's the reason I got called to the office this time, dumbass. I told you I didn't do anything wrong." he says with a chuckle. "Ok, I'm still confused. Did you fuck her and then like, dump her?" she asks. He laughs. "No, not yet anyway. We just met " "So?? That doesn't mean anything with you!" she laughs. "OKAY. C-Can we please move on." I ask, a slight blush tinting my cheeks.

A/N: heyyy! thanks so much for reading!