Nature Admirers ❀

"Tae-Sak... Life is too boring... " Mae-In sighed. She was given the task to count every rice grain and to put them in a bowl by Senior Court Lady Eun-Ju to improve her concentration and patience level.

"Your Highness... I think you should finish your task quickly..." Tae-Sak said slowly, almost half asleep. Senior Court Lady Eun-Ju was away because an examination for recruiting new court maids was being held and she would examine them. So, Tae-Sak was given the task of keeping a watch on the Crown Princess.

Mae-In slammed the bowl on the table and shot up. "Tae-Sak, let's go. I can't count rice grains anymore," Mae-In said impatiently.

"But Your Highness, Senior Court Lady Eun-Juㅡ"

"Tell her that... I finished counting the grains," Mae-In said, grabbing Tae-Sak's arm and dragging her out of the huge pavilion where her classes were held. Tae-Sak was about to say something but she wasn't able to say it.

Mae-In dragged her into her room in her quarters and checking that no one else was looking, closed the door. Then she turned to Tae-Sak with a mischievous grin.

She had an idea.

"Tae-Sak! I have an idea! You have to help me, alright?" Mae-In said, locking arms with Tae-Sak.

"What... is it? Don't tell me it's something troublesome!" Tae-Sak exclaimed, a bit scared.

"Just a little bit troublesome... Don't worry nothing will happen!"

"What do you want me to do, Your Highness?"

"Listen, you have to wear my clothes and sit in the pavilion and count the grains. Or... you can just sit here and do nothing. Nobody will bother you! While you are at this, I will sneak out of the Palace. Don't worry, I will be back in about an hour," Mae-In directed Tae-Sak.

"What?! Your Highness, I can never do that!" Tae-Sak shrieked in horror. Her eyes looked like they would fall out of her socket at any moment.

"Tae-Sak... Please! I want to go out!" Mae-In pouted at Tae-Sak.

"No...! Your Highness, I am forbidden to do that!" Tae-Sak said, trying to ignore her Highness's puppy-like gaze.

"Tae-Sak...!" Mae-In continued to plead. But Tae-Sak disagreed every time.

But she couldn't disagree for much longer. Upon seeing her lady sitting stiffly with a dull look on her face, she had to let down her guard.

Mae-In bounced up in excitement. She quickly dressed Tae-Sak in the Royal hanbok, made her wear her hairstyle and made her sit still in her room. The poor girl was horrified, seeing herself like that. "If anybody sees me like this... They will cut off my head!" she said, terrified.

"Ah! Don't worry I'll be back! Just don't let anyone enter," Mae-In said, searching for simple-looking clothes in her dressing room.

All of a sudden, her hand touched something hard and cool in the pile. She grabbed it and took it out. It was a unique norigae. Mae-In gaped at it. She had no idea she had brought it here with her. It was the cherry blossom norigae her grandmother gave herㅡ a very precious item. She smiled and inspected it before deciding to use it with her hanbok as a lucky charm.

"Alright, then Tae-Sak, I'm off!" Mae-In waved to Tae-sak. She opened the door without making any sound and looked here and there. Seeing no maids or court ladies, she got out and closed the door again.

Mae-In squealed silently in success. She quietly and carefully walked out of Gyeongchunjeon's back gate. A bunch of nain maids passed her but she quickly hid her face with her jangot. Luckily, the maids didn't recognise her and so, she was successful in getting out.