Ch. 12

The next morning everyone met in the kitchen for breakfast. Jia got a message on her phone, "It's my dad. He says to meet him at some diner outside of town." Jia looks at Clarisse, "Hey, it'll be fine. You're one of the most powerful newbie witches I've ever seen. Let's go."

When they arrive at the diner Jia's dad is standing outside. She runs to him, "Dad!" He hugs her closely, "Oh sweetie, I'm glad you're safe. Don't you worry, we'll figure this out." Jia looks at the others and then at him, "We have a plan." They all head inside the diner and explain the plan to James, "I don't know about this." He grabs Jia's hand, "Sweetie, are you sure you're ready for this?" Jia nods, "I am, dad. I've been practicing with Clarisse and she thinks I'm ready too." They both look at Clarisse, "She's definitely ready. I've never seen a beginner witch with as much power as Jia. Plus, I'll be doing the spell with her. She'll do fine." James takes a breath, "Okay, but we'll be there too. If anything goes wrong, Jia, I want you to get out of there as fast as you can." Jia nods.

They all finish eating their and head back into town. Jia sits with Cash as the others grab weapons from James' armory. Cash grabs Jia's hands, "You be careful, okay?" Jia strokes his cheek, "Don't worry. I'll be fine." Cash kisses her and the two hug, "Just promise you'll come back to me, J." "I promise." Jia turns to the others, "Okay, everyone clear on the plan?" Clarisse steps up, "You and I will go through town and lure Jeremy into the woods." Brayden interjects, "Cash, Mr. D, and I will wait nearby for your signal to distract him long enough for Clarisse to put up a barrier spell around the three of you." They look at Jia, "Then Clarisse and I will perform the spell and it's bye, bye wolfie." They all nod in agreement and go their separate ways.

Jia and Clarisse begin walking through town. Jia looks at Clarisse, "So you really think we can do this?' Clarisse looks up, "Relax Jia. I meant what I said to your dad. I've never seen a witch with your power, especially a newbie." Jia looks off smiling then back at Clarisse, "When all this is over, do you think we can still practice together?" Clarisse looks at her and smiles, "I'd love to." She raises her brow, "Under one condition." Jia looks confused, "What?" Clarisse smiles, "You have to bring Brayden." Jia's draw dropped, "You like Brayden? No way, you've gotta tell him." Clarisse turns to her, "Are you kidding? Have you seen him? I wouldn't even know what to say." Jia smiles, "Just be yourself and he'll love it. I promise." The two lock arms as they continue to walk. Jia grows suspicious, "It'll be dark soon. You think he'll find us." Clarisse looks around, "He's an expert tracker. Being out in the open should just make his job 10 times easier. He's probably wa-" Clarisse stops when she bumps into Jia, "Jia, what's wrong?" They look to see Jeremy across the street watching them. He begins walking towards them when Clarisse throws a small spell at him, knocking him into a nearby flower stand. As Jeremy stands up, Jia and Clarisse begin running into the woods. Jeremy follows them to an open forest area. As he walks toward them, the guys jump out and begin fighting Jeremy while Clarisse prepares the barrier spell. The guys are giving Jeremy quite the beating when Cash hears Clarisse call out, "We're ready!" Cash grabs Jeremy and throws him so that he slides to where the girls are. Clarisse casts the barrier spell trapping Jeremy inside with her and Jia. Jeremy begins walking towards them when the girls grab hands and begin reading off the incantation. Jia looks up and it sees Jeremy growing weaker each time they recite the spell. She gathers up all of her power and begins reciting it with more emotion. Jeremy begins to die quicker right before their eyes. Jia begins to think back over everything that's happened and looks at her dad and the guys watching. Tears begin to fall from her eyes as she screams the spell one last time. She and Clarisse fall to the ground, exhausted, as they see Jeremy's body turn to ash as he screams out one last time. Out of breath, they look at each other and hug. Jia cry's, "We did it." James, Cash and Brayden run to them and they all embrace one another in celebration.