10 | FLINCH

I COMMAND MY DAUGHTER'S HAND. AND NOW, YOU WILL DIE BY IT.

For the first time in what felt like forever, Kliment was at her brother's side and the bullet train was still for longer than a measly minute

For the first time in what felt like forever, Kliment was at her brother's side and the bullet train was still for longer than a measly minute. Everyone else separated, going to their positions as she instructed.

And Kliment returned to their original car and sat next to Vasili's cold body. She'd lost the Percy sticker long ago, it falling off in the initial fight with Ladybug. So, all she'd have of her brother when she stepped off the train would be his blood-covered boots on her feet.

The only thing she had to defend herself, not that she needed them, was a gold set of brass knuckles on her right hand. Before they slipped away from each other, the owner had pulled her close and slipped them on her fingers, not wanting her to be without some kind of protection if he couldn't do it himself. Tangerine let himself be vulnerable for just a moment, softly kissing her fingertips in a goodbye, leaving her alone.

Kliment wasn't alone for long in the car for long — though certainly longer than she expected.

She heard his heavy footfalls before she saw him, looking up just as her father moved through the sliding door. He looked as he always did — well-dressed and holding his sheathed sword loosely in hand and two bodyguards trailing behind him in ridiculous masks. The sword wasn't his only weapon though.

In his right hand was Gedeon's gun with a pink hair tie wrapped around the handle.

"Daughter," the White Death greeted in their native tongue. He stopped a few feet away, holding his arms open to her.

"Father," she said evenly while standing. She didn't let herself look back at Vasili as she moved to embrace the man responsible. "You've made quite a mess of this ride."

"Come, let us see what remains," he said, offering her his arm to take. The man didn't even look at his dead son while leading Kliment off of the train.

"Not much," she told him. "Though there is that."

As she spoke, Kliment nodded to Ladybug. Already, the White Death's men had him on his knees with a sword at his neck and the briefcase confiscated.

"We found the American!"

"What about the others?" the White Death asked, glancing back at the train.

"They're all dead," Ladybug said nervously. He couldn't even turn his head to look at the man behind him without risking his throat being slit.

For confirmation, the White Death looked to his daughter, who nodded. "The rest were killed between the last stop and now."

"And that?" he asked, gesturing to her bandaged leg. "Those idiots were instructed to keep you unharmed."

"Well, as I said, the idiots are dead," she muttered, rolling her eyes. Then she couldn't help but smirk. "And you can thank sister dearest for this. I was about to beat her within an inch of her life when the American intervened. He chose the wrong side — I got a bullet in the leg and Tangerine one in the neck."