Escape the Night Season Four - Empires SMP Season One Cast

If you haven't watched Escape The Night, it is a really interesting series about travelling back into different eras of time to survive, save and escape the night. This is essentially a rewrite of Season Four, where Joey Graceffa and his friend Bretman Rock (replaced with Scott) go on an adventure to save his friends and right Joey's wrongs.

Joey's POV:

It all started with a harmless invitation to dinner.

To my esteemed friends,

I invite you all to attend a dinner party.

Yet, more was to be seen.

I unleashed an evil that murdered my friends.

An evil that forced Pix to shoot himself in the head.

An evil that forced us to bury Shubble alive.

And it crept inside me.

Under the control of Xornoth, I had invited my friends to yet another twisted fate.

I want to invite you to a masquerade ball like no other.

fWhip being stabbed.

Katherine being stabbed.

Pearl being shot.

Sausage's heart being ripped out.

They all paid the price for my mistakes.

And when I thought I had defeated the evil, I was only to find it with a new face.

My friends,

I am in need of your help, and so are hundreds of others.

I hadn't learned my lesson. The world punished me. And this time, I purposely dragged my friends into it.

Jimmy being stabbed on an altar for witches.

Gem being sacrificed into a box of grinding spikes.

Even Lizzie's skull being brutally crushed at the hands of a demonic strongman.

So many lives were lost.

And the thing was, it was all my fault.

Now what I want more than ever is a way to make all of the wrongs I did right.

And that's what I plan on doing

*****

"Did you guys get what I asked for?" Joey called to his friends as he opened the door to his jeep.

"Yeah," Joel replied, inspecting the golden crown in his hands, clearly intrigued as Lizzie turned the lifestone over and over in her hands. "What took you so long?"

But before Joey could answer, Lizzie cut in with an innocent pout.

"Is now a bad time to mention that I invited someone else to help us?" she asked, and a familiar face strutted out from behind her.

"Scott?" Joey and Joel said in unison.

"That's me!" he beamed. "The party's here!"

A look of frustration crossed Joey's face.

"Lizzie! I told you not to invite anyone! This is gonna be a dangerous mission!"

Scott scoffed.

"The only danger here is the Playboy," he informed him knowledgeably, placing a hand on his own chest.

"You ready?"

Just then, Jael and Ryu emerged from behind a few rocks.

The members nodded their heads.

"Okay, let's do this thing:

"This is where your friends are being kept."

Jael unravelled a map and placed it down on the flat rock that they used as a table.

"To enter the museum of the dead, we need to create a gateway to purgatory. The crown Joel's holding generates the power, the cursed artefact has an evil to cut through the barrier protecting it and the life crystal allows entry without dying,"
Ryu interrupted her.

"Not if the crown doesn't last very long," he added.

Jael nodded in agreement.

"Joey, you're going to be here," she said, pointing at the forest scribbled with the word 'Alpha' on it. "You're going to take Lizzie and Scott to where your friends are being kept while I take the rest through the roof."

Joey nodded, and so did Lizzie and Scott.

"The museum's collector should be avoided at all costs," Jael warned.

"And what about me?" Joel asked. "I mean, I did cancel my ever-important minecraft livestream for this,"

Jael gave him a lenient look.

"You'll be with me," she told him, tilting her head. "Baby steps,"

With a burst of orange light, beams of a fiery substance poured out of Jael and Ryu's eyes and mouth, pooling into the centre of the crown.

A deafening crack reverberated around the clearing, and a swirling blue portal opened up from the gap between two trees.

"Go guys! GO!" Lizzie told Joey and Scott, and they sprinted towards it, Lizzie chasing close behind.

"Ground's breaking!" Ryu cried as the portal consumed Scott and Joey.

But the crown exploded into dozens of tiny particles, closing the portal and making Lizzie miss it by milliseconds.

"Where did it go?" she yelled, looking at the place where the swirling portal was. "That wasn't supposed to happen!"

Joel turned to Ryu and Jael with a furious, desperate expression.

"Why did the portal disappear?"

Word Count: 654

I hope you enjoyed the first part to this AU. I might put this into a book since it will have a lot of chapters based around it, but there we have it!

That's it for now folks! Love yourselves, know that you're amazing, stay safe and of course, have fun!

~ FireFox out!