Strangers Again - Joel Headcanon, Empires SMP S1 and Afterlife, Jizzie

TW: Hints to unaliving by choice, trauma

"But I don't want to!" Joel argued, folding his hands across his chest in defiance. "School is absolutely boring!"

His father sighed.

"Joel, the Crystal Cliffs have opened up a new learning opportunity for the heirs and heiresses of the 12 established empires. You are to comply with these demands. You are going. And that's final."

The King of Mezalea's voice was stern, and Joel knew better than to argue with him. "You need to get on good terms with the Heiress of House Blossom, Katherine Elizabeth, because-"

"Because she's my sister, yeah yeah," Joel said irritably.

His father nodded firmly, turning on his heel and leaving the throne room.

*****

"School?" Lizzie asked, slightly intrigued by the unfamiliar word. "For emperors?"

Her mother nodded. "I understand if you don't want to go, darling, but-"

"I want to go."

The Queen of the Ocean raised a curious eyebrow.

"I want to go," she repeated.

The Ocean Queen shrugged it off, giving her a curt nod.

"It will be arranged, dear," she reassured. "And do take Sir Strawberry and Lady Marcelline with you. They desperately need a break."

"Of course, mother," she agreed.

Her mother silently left, leaving Lizzie drowning in her nervous thoughts.

What if I can't make any friends?

What if everyone thinks I am weird because I come from the ocean?

What if I can't get my classes right?

Does that mean I can't be the Ruler of the Ocean Empire?

She drew a deep breath in.

"I'll see Jimmy again," she reminded herself quietly. "He'll be the ruler of the swamp empire, and I will ensure his safety."

Soundlessly, Lizzie followed in her mother's footsteps and left.

*****

Wow.

Just wow.

As an avid builder, Joel looking up at the construction of the build was amazing.

None other than famed Crystal Cliffs Academy was looming over him.

The windows stained a mystifying amethyst purple, the calcite walls bathed in sunlight and admiration and the dark oak roofs intricately designed, the curvature absolutely amazing.

It was intimidating.

Definitely nothing compared to the Mezalean Matral Palace that he had been designing for 6 years now, but for sure intimidating.

As he wandered through the massive spruce doors, he admired the marbled calcite walls and the large, airy feel of the hall.

He was so busy studying the construction of the build that he bumped head first into someone and fell to the floor.

"Oh!" A feminine voice squeaked in alarm.

"I'm so sorry! Are you all right?"

Joel blinked furiously in a dazed sort of state, trying to process what had just happened.