seven

"Hold on more tighter. You are in control." I explained to him.
"I have no issue with that." Lo'ak raised his eyebrow and I looked at him in shock.
"I can be in control." He put his hands up in defence, the same smirk on his face as before.
"Not now, forest boy." I teased and he stifled a laugh.
"Are you challenging me?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders, hopping onto Zia as I circled him.
"Swim." I told him and he dived in with his ilu.
I watched as he held on, and then let go once again, his head popped up and he splashed the water in annoyance.
"So... In control yes?" I called to him, holding back a laugh.
"You'll see!" he hopped back on his ilu, diving over to me.
I opened my mouth in shock, impressed as they swam beneath me, coming up for air.
"That was insane!" He laughed as his hand reached for mine to high five, I slapped his hand and jolted away from him, feeling a strong energy radiate. He looked at his hand and then at me.
"Wh-" He began but I cut him off.
"That was good!" I told him with a smile on my face.
"Well done Lo'ak." I congratulated him and he chuckled.
"I have a good teacher."
"Maybe I can steal her. Aonung is no help." Neteyam laughed.
"I am. You are just no good in the water." Aonung rolled his eyes.
"Everyone had their strengths and weaknesses, I can teach you Neteyam." I welcomed him over and held onto his ilu as he climbed onto him.
"You are one. You are not fighting. You are together now. Feel him. Feel his movements." I held the queue of the ilu to Neteyam and Neteyam's hand moved around to grab the back of his own.
"Feel his breath." I explained as the bond was made.
A shriek ran through the ilu and Neteyam's gasp filled the air.
"Be calm." I held his ilu, stroking him.
"When you are ready, think swim." I explained.
"Swim?" Neteyam asked and the two of them skimmed the water, diving beneath it for a few seconds. Everyone went silent as we looked for Neteyam, who appeared out of the water, still riding his ilu as he came closer to Lo'ak and I.
"AYIIIIIIIIII!" He yipped and I laughed, swimming onto Zia as Neteyam came back to us all.
"I said what I said. Better teacher." Neteyam pointed at me and Aonung rolled his eyes, glaring them at me.
"You have all done very well." I explained, looking off in the distance to see Rotxo and Kiri circling each other.
Tsierya swam over to me with Tuk and gave me a smile.
"I see you and Lo'ak are getting along." She whispered and I lowered my head to hers.
"What are you talking about?" I asked.
"You know." She gave me a wink.
"Tsireya!" I warned her.
"It is not a secret how my brother is Laya. I think you and Lo-"
"What are you two whispering about?" Aonung asked.
"Nothing."
"Nothing."