eighteen

"MY SPIRIT SISTER! AND HER BABY!" Ronal yelled and I hissed, my tail swaying as I paced back and fourth at the thought of Irona, how she was left to die, she didn't stray from her mother, so it was most likely that she died of starvation, and the thought of her struggling killed me.
"WE HAVE HEARD OF THE HUNTING ON TULKUN! BUT NOW IT HAS COME HERE!" Tonowari roared, the village erupting into cheers and chants for revenge.
"YOU ARE NOT LISTENING!" Jake roared.
"THEY WILL DESTROY YOU. THEY WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING YOU LOVE." He continued and I looked around, it was just getting the villagers even more ready for war. I felt an arm grab me and I looked to see Jake.
"You have to tell the Tulkun to leave!" Jake yelled and Ronal stalked forward, removing his grip from my arm.
"YOU LIVE AMONG US! AND YOU HAVE LEARNED NOTHING!" She yelled at him.
"WE WILL FIGHT TO PROTECT OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS!" Rotxo yelled in the crowd and my eyes searched for Tsierya, who had tear stains down her face, she shook her head at me, she bought her hands up shakily and signed to me.
' I do not want this.'
"Laya. They'll listen to you. I understand you are angry right now. You have every right to be. Irona was your sister." Jake put his hand out in front of him, letting me know he understood me.
"But this will kill more Tulkun, more Na'vi. We cannot act. This is what they want." I swayed my tail as I looked back at him, tears welling in my eyes.
"They killed her Jake." I told him.
"I know. I know. But please, will you trust me?" Jake asked, I looked behind him to see Neteyam and behind him was Lo'ak, who looked at me with so much worry in his face.
I looked forward, I grabbed the tracker from Neteyam's hand and everyone went silent.
"Can you not see? My brothers and sisters?" I asked.
"Put it down Laya." Tonowari warned.
"THIS IS WHAT HAS KILLED ROA! IT HAS KILLED IRONA!" I screamed.
"LEARN. LEARN FROM THIS. LISTEN TO TORUK MAKTO." I roared and heard cheers around me.
Ronal and Tonowari looked at each other before at me.
"What are you saying dear one?" Ronal asked me softly.
I jumped off the rock and handed the tracker to Jake, who looked at me thankfully.
"You tell the Tulkun... that if they are hit by one of these, they're marked for death."  He announced.
Whispers surrounded us and I felt Lo'ak's presence behind me, I backed into him and he wrapped a hand around my waist protectively.
"And call for me, I'll silence it." Jake spoke.
"Saving their lives." I added.
"That's what matters right? Protecting your family." Jake turned around, his eyes searching for his family, and his eyes set on me last.
"All of them."
Ronal and Tonowari shared a knowing glance before turning back to their people.
"Go." They announced and everyone began to leave.
Lo'ak's grip left me and I spun around. Neteyam and I making eye contact before following him.
"Lo'ak. Where are you going baby bro?" Neteyam asked.
"I'm going to Payakan." Lo'ak announced and Aonung, Rotxo and Tsierya followed us out.
"No. You've got to keep your skxawng ass here." Neteyam joked and I wiped my tears.
"It is dangerous out there Lo'ak." I agreed with his brother.
"I'm going." Lo'ak mumbled.
"He's outcast. There's nobody to warn him but me."
"Bro, why do you have to make things so hard?" Neteyam hissed.
"NO!" Lo'ak shoved Neteyam back, i moved out of the way just in time.
"You mean why can't I be the perfect brother like you?" Lo'ak spat.
"Lo'ak..." Tsierya started but he pushed his brother again.
"WELL I'M NOT YOU!" I pushed myself between the two of them and looked at Lo'ak.
"Lo'ak. Mawey." Calm.
"He's my brother. I'm going." Lo'ak started to move away and Neteyam grabbed his arm, meaning I was stuck between the two of them.
"No. I'm your brother." Neteyam said through gritted teeth.
"I'm going."
I stepped in and grabbed his hand.
"You're staying." Lo'ak informed me.
"Than so are you."
"Why do you have to make things so hard?" He mocked his brother before turning to me, kissing me on the forehead.
"I won't be long."