sixteen

Lo'ak and I had fallen asleep on the rock, I was curled up, my back facing his front as he held me tightly, even as he slept. I smiled and turned to him, waking him up, his eyes fluttered open and stared into mine for a while.
"THERE THEY ARE!" Tuk yelled and we both jumped up, I rubbed my eyes as Neteyam and Tuk came into view, a huge smirk plastered on Neteyam's face.
"We've been looking for you everywhere!" Tuk whined.
"Sorry Tuk." I smiled.
"Did you sleep out here?" Jake laughed as he arrived, picking Tuk up.
"Got you." He tickled her and she let out the cutest giggle ever.
"I think so." I turned to Lo'ak.
"We just fell asleep." He nodded.
"Just fell asleep?" Neteyam smirked and Jake whacked him around the back of the head, seeing my face go a crimson red colour in embarrassment.
"I have been looking everywhere for you both." Tuk whined.
"I can't keep her in one place." Jake rolled his eyes and I couldn't help but laugh.
"Sounds like Tuk." Lo'ak's hand brushed my thigh accidentally.
Jake's eyebrows raised and I quickly detached myself further away from Lo'ak.
His father let out a laugh at this and before we could speak on the matter anymore, the horn rang.
I squealed as I saw more water coming into the reef.
"What's going on?" Jake asked as I began to run to the water.
"OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS HAVE RETURNED!" I yelled and looked out to see the Tulkun arriving, i ran back to the rock where they all stood, looking confused as ever.
I grabbed Lo'ak's hand, pulling him into the water with me to find Irona.
"QUICKLY!" I called behind us as Jake and Tuk followed us in the water, Neteyam shortly after.
I called for Zia as she sped up beside me, I attached my hand onto her saddle as the other one pulled Lo'ak behind me, swimming past the people greeting their sisters and brothers and gasped as I found mine.
'Sister, I have missed you.' I signed to her and gestured for Lo'ak to come closer to greet her.
'Who is this?'
'Lo'ak, he's from the forest. He's nice, right?'
Lo'ak rested his hand against his head as he signed to Irona that he saw her.
'Polite too.' Irona added and I giggled.
'I hope I find what you two have.' She swam closer and I rested my face against her eye.
'What is that exactly?'
'You already know sister.'
I looked behind me to see Lo'ak admiring his surroundings, I bought my hands to my face because of pure joy as I watched the Tulkun and the Na'vi celebrate.
I began to cry and Irona moved herself next to me again, nudging me softly.
Lo'ak was over by my side in a second, he pulled me into his side as I rested one of my hands on Irona and another on his chest as he caressed my hair.
'Why are you crying sister?'  She asked.
'I am just so happy.' I told her.

I jumped around in my marui excitedly as it grew to nighttime.
Lo'ak laughed at me and pulled me down onto the floor with him.
"I've never seen her so happy." Tonowari let out a chuckle as him and Ronal sat opposite Lo'ak and I.
"Did you see her Ronal? Did you see how she has grown?" I held my hands over my mouth and kicked my feet in urge to get up and dance around.
"She's grown into a beautiful woman, like you." Ronal smiled and Lo'ak squeezed my shoulders.
Ever since Aonung's announcement, I had been given my own marui pod, and Tonowari and Ronal had been checking on me at least twice a day to make sure I wasn't upset. I wasn't. I was happy he had done what he wanted, it gave him the freedom of his life, and in a way, gave me a bit of mine too.
"We are so proud of you." Tonowari's hand grasped his mates as they both looked at me with a loveable expression.
"You have grown into a beautiful young woman." Ronal nodded.
"A smart one too." Tonowari added.
"Thank you guys, for everything." I moved to them and wrapped an arm around each of them, pulling them in for a hug.
"You are our blessing." Ronal whispered before she and Tonowari stood up.
"We will leave you in peace." Tonowari nodded and Lo'ak bowed his head, formally telling them both goodbye.
I spun around to Lo'ak and jumped on him, he stumbled back, laughing and wrapped his arms around me.
"Lo'ak... did you see her?" I squealed excitedly.