Chapter 4- A Trip to The Park

I yawned as I rubbed my eyes a bit, I turned on the mattress to see that Tenko was gone. I sat up quickly and looked around

"Tenko?" I called for him.

There was no response, no sound, I cursed under my breath as I stood up off the mattress and went to walk out the room opening the door and looked around to each end of the hallway and then went to walk down the stairs. I held my breath as I started to hear little sounds from down the stairs, and released it seeing Tenko picking up a bottle of water and a.. plate? Wait, where the hell did he get a plate? I blinked a few times watching him from the bottom step and then realized that I didn't need to just look at him from afar and wonder, I took a step off the stairs and then walked over to him.

"Hey, good morning" I said as I stretched a bit.

He looked back at me and then hid the food that was in his hands, I blinked a few times, confused

"Good more y/n-san" he said, looking up at me.

I tilt my head wanting to know what exactly he was hiding.

We continued to look back and forth at each other, "what do you have there, in your hands?" I asked, generally confused.

He looked down at his hands and then up at me, "I wanted to give you breakfast" he moved a bit and then presented me with a plate with a bit of cereal and fruit snacks on it.

I smiled a bit and covered my mouth with one of my hands trying not to giggle, I crouched down in front of him taking the plate from him.

"And what about you Tenko?" I asked, sitting down.

He looked behind him and then walked over to the food that he had spread out and then picked up a box of cereal and a fruit snack and walked over to me sitting down

"I'll have this" he said.

I let out a little sigh and then the thought of the plate came to mind again, i looked at him

"Hey Tenko, where did this plate come from?" I asked.

He looked up at me and just staring and then looked back down starting to open the fruit snacks. I let out a little laugh followed by a sigh, I started eating slowly and looked around the downstairs noting how well kept and clean it was when no one was really living there till me and Tenko found it.

  After we ate, I had Tenko change into a pair of clothes that he had picked out a few days prior, then we went out looking for a park. We had been walking for a few moments before we found a pretty big open space with a little playground, I held onto Tenko's pinky as I walked with him to the little playground. There were a few kids on the playground already. Tenko stopped at a bench and then looked up at me, I looked down at him and then gestured for him to go play, letting go of his pinky. He stood there for a moment before looking back up at me and pointed to the swings and holding onto my shirt, I let out a slight laugh then nod walking with him to the swings set. I helped him onto a swing, then walked behind him to slowly push the swing. I attempted to show him how he could swing himself and laughed a bit, once he got the hang of it I moved next to him and then sat down onto the swing next to him, I pushed off the ground swinging myself slowly and looked down at Tenko. He was smiling a little and looked up at me, I felt my heart melt a bit seeing him with even the smallest smile. I sat on the swing with Tenkos for a few minutes, then something caught his eye. He stopped the swing slowly and then got off the swing he was on and hurried off, I watched as I stopped my own swing. He was running up to a big oak tree crouching down picking up something off the ground, I leaned my head to the side trying to see what he was picking up. He looked back at me and then back down to what he was doing I let out a little chuckle as I put both of my hands in my lap, after a few moments I watched him stand back up and walk back over to me quickly with something in his hands, once he was in front of me he held out his hands presenting me with four freshly fallen green leaves.

"For you" he said waiting for me to take them.

I laughed a little as I took the leaves from his hands and twirled them between my thumb and index finger.

"They're very pretty Tenko, thank you for the leaves" I said as I smiled down at him.

I watched as his eyes lit up and then looked down twirling his thumbs, "mhm" he responded.

I held them carefully in my lap, and let out a hum, "do you want to do anything else on the park Ten?" I asked him.

He looked back up at me and then looked around behind him at the rest of the park, "you can play with the other kids if you're up to it." I said, as he looked back at me.

  He shook his head a little but then looked back at the playground.

  "Is there, something you want to do with me?" I asked, trying to look in the same direction that he was, but hard to, thanks to the height difference.

He nodded a little and then pointed at the slides, "I.. want to go down the slides with you.." he stared up at me, "please y/n-san" he says.

I smiled more, giving him a small nod, "sure, we can go down the slides together Tenko" I said as I made sure to hold the leaves carefully as I stood up off the swings.

He held onto my shirt and then started walking to the slides with me behind him. Once we got to the slides, Tenko wanted to go down one of the bigger slides so that the both of us could go down at the same time, he sat down onto the slide and then looked up at me waiting for me to sit down behind him. I did so sitting down right behind him and wrapped my arms around him a little while holding him and then proceeded to push the both of us down the slide. I felt him hold onto my hands with his small gloved hands as we picked up a bit of speed and then reached the bottom.

I looked down at him as he let go of my hands and looked up at me with widened eyes, "can we go again y/n-san! Please" He asked, raising his shoulders a bit.

I smiled back down at him really happy to see how excited he was, I gave him a little nod. Then he scooted off the slide walking away to go back at the top of the slides, I stood up following him. We went down the slide a few more times each time he was excited, the last time we went down he let out a little yawn.

I looked down at him tilting my head a bit "ready to go back home Ten? Sound sleepy" I said as I stood up with him.

He gave me a little nod taking my shirt as he leaned against me, I ruffled his hair a bit. He gave me a little nod rubbing his eyes a bit and looked up at me with sleepy eyes, I hummed and then picked my hand up crouching down in front of him holding my arms out to pick him up. He looked at me for a moment and then held out his hands for me to pick him up, so I did and then rested him onto my hip.

"I'll get you home safe and sound.." I said and then started walking back home.

(1399 𝓦𝓸𝓻𝓭𝓼)