not an update, but kind of an update

hello there

hello there...

no this is not an official update. no i have not updated since september of 2019. yes i know i am the absolute worst. but i promise i have not forgotten about this fic.

crossfire has always been in the back of my mind. i started the first draft in, like, 2014 (?) when i was a wee little thirteen-year-old who had no idea what the hell she was doing. to be completely honest i have no idea what the first draft looked like, but i know it was bad. but, for some reason, adrianna (who has gone through so many name changes) and this little story started gaining traction. and then, in 2015, just before my freshman year of high school (holy shit), i felt my skills in writing had grown and i started re-working it, and, as we all (presumably) know, took a two-year break, followed by another almost two-and-a-half-year break. talk about abandonment...

now, in january of 2023, as a college graduate and a bonafide certified english teacher (WHAT), here i am

now, in january of 2023, as a college graduate and a bonafide certified english teacher (WHAT), here i am. i've started and stopped and abandoned so many fics over the last nine years but i always knew that i would finish crossfire. like, literally. i have a journal i update once a year and one question for the last three years has been "have you given adrianna argent the ending she fucking deserves??" and the answer for the last three years has been "not yet, but it is coming!!"

crossfire and adrianna has evolved so much with every re-watch of teen wolf over the years. there's a whole cast of characters (that you see in the very first 'cast' chapter) that haven't even made their appearances yet. there have been dozens of tweaks to the plot to better fit adrianna's character and her relationship with derek that i feel is finally, officially solid and concrete.

with the teen wolf movie coming out, i rewatched teen wolf (again, obviously) and was hit with the urge and inspiration to pump out chapters — or, at least chunks of chapters from episodes — as i went. now, chapters are ready. i haven't finished season 2 (such a struggle) but just about all of season 3 is completed.

if you're still here, then i both thank you and congratulate you (because holy hell, a combined almost five years with only two chapter posted is a commitment). i still need a little bit of time to write/wrap up season 2, but as soon as i get the next few episodes completed...