.11

revised chapter posted on august 12, 2016

.11- Leadership
------------------------------------------------------------

11- Leadership------------------------------------------------------------

My stomach churned as I thought about it. Derek Hale, destined to be my sworn enemy for many generations, was making me feel some type of way that only one other person in my entire life has made me feel. But, that one person was currently lying six feet under. So maybe, this wasn't for the best. Hell, it was far from being the best thing to happen.

But I shoved the remainder of those thoughts into the back of my mind and focused on the two people surrounding me. The two people who didn't betray me.

I was snapped out of my deep thinking when Natalie waved her hand in front of my face, "Earth to Argent!" she called out. I shook my head, refocusing my eyes.

"Sorry.. Sorry I was just," I pause while recollecting my non-Hale thoughts. "I was just thinking about something."

Luke smiled at me while patting my arm. The action brought my entire body to heat up, but it didn't make the same butterflies fly up my throat. "It's okay. Honestly, you didn't miss much,"

Natalie scoffed and a second later, Luke was groaning and he lowered his hand under the table. She smiled satisfactorily before turning to me, "I was talking about how much fun Winter Formal will be this year with you,"

I returned a smile .screwing the cap on my water bottle, "At all of my old schools, we never really had fun dances. Well, at least while I was there."

"Beacon Hills will most definitely be different."

School ended and Natalie had me follow her to the mall. It was the perfect size for Beacon. Natalie must have known this place by the back of her hand because she had no hesitation as she dragged me to the fairly large Macy's. It wasn't any different from the other Macy's I'd been to. The formal dresses were all too beautiful-and expensive-for me. So I mindlessly tried on dresses with no intention of buying any.

Natalie almost instantly found a burgundy short dress with jeweled details on the breast and a light gold sheer top. She was practically glowing as she modeled the dress sassily and I laughed hysterically.

"Nat it looks beautiful, you look beautiful," I tell her truthfully.

She blushed softly before latching onto my wrist and dragged me back to the dresses, "Come on, we have to find you a dress,"

"No, no, no, no," I mutter repeatedly while digging my heels into the floor to stop her. "I can't afford any of these dresses with the money I have."

Natalie shook her head comically, "That's why I'm buying you a dress,"

My eyes widened in shock, "What? No! No, I can't let you pay for my dress. I'll just look through all my old formal dresses,"