.19

revised chapter posted on july 1st, 2017

.19- trainstation

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Derek? You ready?" I called down the steps of the train station, tapping my fingers against my thighs in anticipation. There was no response besides a defining thud and groan of pain.

My eyes widened before I ran down the metal stairs, worried that the thing has found the pack. I whipped around the corner, ready to protect the newly turned betas but was met with a sight I wasn't ready to see.

Erica had her long legs wrapped around Dereks waist and her mouth was pressed urgently to his.

A grumble passed between my lips as I took quick steps towards the pair. I grabbed her center and roughly pulled backwards, letting her body hit the ground. Erica shot up with her eyes shifted golden and teeth peaking between her lips. I arched an eyebrow as she ran towards me.

She quickly swung out a fist so I ducked before grabbing her forearm. In her distracted state, I twisted her arm backwards and pinned it between her shoulder blades. Immediately, a whimper of pain and defeat echoed around the small area. I held her arm there for a few more seconds before releasing it suddenly, pushing her forwards.

"That's the last time you do that," I hissed. Erica rubbed at her forearm absentmindedly, leaning into Boyds chest for comfort.

"She's right," Derek called out from behind me. Erica rolled her eyes at the two of us as she watched the red marks on her wrist disappear.

Isaac sighed from his position on the ground, "Are we done? I got about a hundred bones that need a few hours to heal."

Derek put a sympathetic look on his face before he approached the injured beta. He nodded as to ask permission to inspect Isaac's hand. He hesitantly reached his arm out. Derek gingerly held it before his hand enclosed around the beta's and crushed it. I flinched as Isaac cried out in immense pain.

"One hundred and one," Derek told him coldly before releasing his hand. "You think I am teaching you how to fight?" He shouted angrily as Isaac attempted to carefully reset his wrist. "Look at me! I am teaching you how to survive!"

"What's your family waiting for?" Erica snapped towards me.

I bit down on my bottom lip, "I don't know. But they're planning something."

She scoffed, "It's your family, how do you not know what's going on? Too busy messing around with our alpha?"

Derek growled at her in warning and she shut her mouth, but not without rolling her eyes.