Chapter 2

Author POV : 

Subhadra banged her table  and throwed the file away with anger. She sat in her chair and tilted her head back and closed her eyes . She took deep breaths for calming herself. 

Arjun : subha ! What happened before i came.

Subhadra : actually i took the previous excavation file and went to his cabin as he called me. He asked me to sit down. And then he said we are going to do a non- government excavation. I agreed for that. Then he said it is risky and needs lot of dare. He said we three are perfectly fit for it. Then he gave the file and asked me to sign. i asked him about the place and about the person who is insisting it. He said he can't reveal. I don't know what's wrong with him but he is getting tensed. I questioned him again. He started speaking rudely. He said he is going to reveal the details only if i sign. I am suspecting that he is into something illegal. I also heard from his previous colleagues that he is corrupt and he also sold many vintage statutes and artefacts for huge amount to foreigners.  From the time he came here ( 1 year ) things aren't fine here. People are clueless about what's happening around them. I don't know why he shouts on everybody without any reason ? He also offered me a bribe of 50 lakhs. That is the reason why i got angry.

Arjun : people of this sort always tries to keep people in their control by hook or crook . But he is going to get  retired in few months. So, let's leave it. But we have to keep an eye on what he is doing. Once he get's retired i am damn sure Mr. Raghavan ( deputy director ) will be our new boss . He is a really good man .

Subhadra : yes ! Even I don't want to complicate things. But i am going to sign this. 

Arjun : what ! Are you mad ? Then why you made this much of drama ?

Subhadra : i said i am going to sign this because if not us he will go for other's . What if things get more illegal ? Moreover he said he will reveal details if i sign if he won't do so i'll tear the document infront of him immediately. Even if he suspends me i am fine with it.

Arjun : you are right subha ! 

Both arjun and subhadra went to his cabin which is on the top floor. He is not their in his cabin . His assistant told that he went for lunch break. 

Subhadra : we have 10 minutes for break.

Arjun (whisper) : don't forget that we are working under a corrupt and arrogant man.

Subhadra : let's come after an hour arjun.

Arjun : ok then let's go and check the lab reports.

Subhadra : ok.

Both went to the lab and started checking the reports of recently excavated artefacts. Subhadra forgot that she fought with him 2 days back and they are not speaking. The reason for the fight is,  arjun scolded her a little  in-front of  others. After sometime they went for lunch and then they have gone to mr.sharma's cabin to meet him.

Subhadra : he didn't come yet .

Arjun : don't why he is taking this much of time for a single meal.

They heard someone clearing their throat. They turned around and saw mr.sharma. 

Mr.sharma ( boss) : what are you guy's doing here ?

Subhadra : actually I'm sorry for that sir . I signed in the document. Now tell us about the project.

Mr.sharma : you told that you would never agree. why did you agree now ? 

Subhadra looked at him with pure anger in her eyes. He got scared.

Mr.sharma : ok leave that . Come with me . 

Arjun : where ? 

Mr.sharma : to speak about it. Our office is not the right place.