Chapter I: The Beginning of An End

(in an apartment, at 16:00)

A young man is alone in an apartment, he is facing the window with a blank expression on his face. The beautiful view of the sunset behind the window did not seem to give any impression to the young man. His left-hand rests on the table, which is full of photographs. Seen a beautiful girl kissing the young man in one of the photos, next to a death certificate. "I will be with you in a moment," said the young man who suddenly stood up, he then opened the window in front of him and jumped.

He saw the apartment windows pass him, the young man knew any minute it would turn into pitch black. But, all of sudden everything stopped, he was shocked to see a window with a small child silently staring at him. A mysterious voice suddenly appeared "You won't die that easily... Riza...!". Everything suddenly moved back to normal, like a rewind scene in a movie. The sun suddenly shone so brightly that it blinded the young man's vision.

The young man named Riza returned to his seat, just like before he jumped from the window. While looking at his shaking hands, he said "What just happened?!". "You are not dead, and you can't die by His will" a voice from the corner of the room near the window suddenly appeared, a surprised Riza immediately turned in to that direction. "Who are you?! And what did you do to me?!" Riza suddenly shouted, towards the man who was hiding in the shadows.

The man then walked up to Riza slowly while saying "I am one of His messengers, who was sent to manage time and life". A man wearing an all-black tuxedo butler appeared, with an evil smile and his arms crossed over his back. "What nonsense are you talking about?! Explain yourself! Now!" Riza didn't seem to believe the man and shouted while pointing at him. The man suddenly pops in front of Riza's face while saying "Do you believe in God?".

Riza was shocked and fell in front of the man "W... Wha... What is that?! Who are you?!". The man then sighed and said, "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Humans are curious creatures. My name is up to Him, but you can call me Michael". Michael then brought his face closer to Riza who fell and said "Now answer me. Do you believe in God?" The look on Michael's face was so scary that it made Riza speechless.

Riza continues to tremble, but his memories suddenly give him courage. He immediately shouted, "God does not exist!". Michael who heard Riza's words suddenly changed his facial expression, he was very angry and terrible. Jet-black wings emerged from its back, along with the hands that turned into monster hands, raised high. Riza then said to himself "Oh, this is the end". The hand seemed ready to tear Riza to pieces, but Michael suddenly stopped and looked up at the sky.

He then sat on the chair where Riza was, leaning back and crossing his legs. "It seems that the Almighty doesn't want me to hurt you," said Michael as he sighed again, and opened his right hand up. Riza was angry after hearing Michael's words "Nonsense! If God didn't want to hurt me, then... He shouldn't have killed Ruri." Riza then cried, and curled up while lamenting the death of her lover.

Michael then looked at the letters and photos scattered on the table where his hand rested. "Huh... This human doesn't understand the meaning of life at all" he then took the letter and photo, and walked over to Riza. Michael then handed him the letter and photo, saying "The creator of the universe wants to make you an offer". Riza then turned to Michael after hearing those words while saying "What do you mean?!". Michael immediately smiled broadly "He is with His infinite kindness. Offer life for your love." Riza suddenly woke up and held Michael's shoulder, but his hand penetrated the shoulder.

Michael who suddenly appeared behind Riza said "But! He wants you to do something." "What's that?! Say it quickly! I will do anything for Ruri" said Riza while holding his chest, with a look that showed sincerity. Michael then turned his head with a smirk on his face while saying "Anything...?". "Yes! Anything!" Riza's firm answer contradicted the doubts in his heart, but the great love for Ruri covered up those feelings.