Chapter III: Trigger Point

After Riza entered the tavern and wait for his order, like usual he watched Roger "In action". Riza keep waiting for the food in silence, until the old lady said "Thank you, dear, for your treat. I can't thank you enough for what you did to us". "Don't mind it. It's not I will lose anything because buying you and your grandchild a plate of food" Riza answer doesn't match his initial intent, but it's no use for telling them. Not long after, the food is finished and being served by Roger. As usual, there is no other customer who visiting Roger's tavern, that place is so quiet. Riza then calls Roger's who waiting at the cashier desk "Hey come here, I want to have a chat with you".

Roger then approaches but instead talks to Riza first, he asks the old lady "How's the food? Do you like it?". The old lady then answer with a smile "Yes dear, it's the best food that I have ever eaten". "Good to hear that, lady. Do you want to bring some food home? Don't worry, it's on the table" said Roger, that make Riza surprised. Riza then said, "Roger, you don't have to...". Riza's word is suddenly cut off by Roger "Worry not sir. It's my own will". Riza could not respond to that answer anymore.

Suddenly another old woman appears and shouts "Are you planning to give free food to strangers again?!". All people in the tavern were surprised by that voice, Roger the reply "Mother, please don't shout. I beg you". Turns out that was Roger's mother, she then shout again with anger face "How I am not shouting at your stupidity! We are in a bind right now! And you just freely giving food like this, to God knows how many people!". The old lady with her grandchild suddenly said "You don't have to insist on giving us food, young man". "No, no, no, just wait a moment..." Roger's reply was cut off by his mother shouting "Good! So you know realize that you are a burden to other! Now go away!". The old lady and her grandchild then leave without saying any more words.

Roger's mother's rude words make all people uncomfortable, even for Riza who doesn't like to give food for free too. Roger then shout out of momentary anger "Mother! If you act like this, I don't know what God will do to us!". "Are you threatening me! You dare to defy me now! You Godless child!" Roger's mother then just left without saying anything, her word suddenly changes Roger's face. Roger face became blank, unlike when he getting scolded by the security head. Roger face right now is like a person who has already lost his sanity, and Riza suddenly got a bad feeling about it.

Michael who was nowhere to be seen, suddenly reappear and said "This is it, the turning point for this servant of God. His suicidal thoughts right now are getting stronger". Turns out Riza's hunch was right, he then talks to Roger "Are you ok". "Yes I am! Of course I am not OK!" Riza got stunned by Roger's shout, the thing that he never imagines to witness. Roger then realize that he had just struck an innocent person with his wrath, but out of anger he said to Riza "Sir, for now, can you leave me alone?". "Ok, I'll leave... See you later" Riza short answer due to confusion from what just happening. He can't figure out how to react properly in this kind of situation.

On the way to the apartment Michael suddenly said "You know... Human is fragile being, their faith is easy to crumble even by only one short moment". "How could you say that?! Fragile being?! At the time like this God up there supposed to be giving us help!" Riza was so angry, till he shouts out loud. Michael just staring at Riza, then he said "So... basically, you said that The Czar of Universe never helped or even care about you lot? Now there is a question. After all the things you just said, what kind of action have you done, to help Roger?". "Don't you see me?! Right now I am trying to help him!" shout Riza.

Michael then asks again "So why is he still in this state?". "I can't magically change him! It's called process! You should know better, angel!" said Riza. "So do we! Everything in this world needs a process, it's what humans need to go through. Even if The Owner of All Treasure can give Roger a mountain of gold, He will not do it. Because that will erase the reason of world creation itself, a mortal being need to overcome the trial before receiving help from above" said Michael. "What kind of trial?! Is his life not suffer enough to you?!" Riza shout while glaring at Michael, he was so angry.