Chapter 5

Jeonkook gritted his teeth but finally relaxed. He still couldn't completely trust Lisa, but when she was so sweet, he simply couldn't resist it. He must have owed her in his last life. "Okay, lets make breakfast first. I remember you don't know how to cook, i can cook for you and the kids."

Joenkook sounded much calmer. Perhaps, he could trust her for once? Lisa placed her hands on her hips and said confidently, "No need. I'll do it. You'll be amazed at how good i am."

When it came to cooking, Lisa was sure that there were very few people in the world who was as good as her. "Alright" Since Lisa insisted, Jeonkook could only give up. The worst case scenario was Lisa messed up, he could still take it over from her.

Lisa went out with the children and walked towards the kitchen. "I want to eat poached eggs!"

"I want to eat noodles!" The two little fellows placed their orders excitedly. "Alright, alright. I'll make for you" Lisa agreed dotingly. She turned to look at Jeonkook, asking him what he wanted to eat. Jeonkook slightly curled the corners of his mouth, his face softened. "Same as them."

Noodles and poached eggs were not complicated, Lisa should be able to handle it. Lisa confidently make an OK gesture and sent Gu Bei and Gu Xi to the side to play while she went to the kitchen to prepare. They had an open kitchen, which was connected to the living room. 

Gu Bei and Gu Xi ran to the living room to play the blocks. Jeonkook stayed, he wanted to help her whenever she needed him. Lisa took a quick look at the kitchen layout and located the kitchen utensils and ingredients she needed. Jeonkook thought Lisa didn't know how to do it, so he walked over, picked two eggs and said, "Let me do it."

Lisa pretended to pout angrily. She snatched the eggs from Jeonkook's hand and pushed him away. "I said i'll do it. The first thing you have to learn is to trust me."

Jeonkook's lips parted involuntarily. He nodded in compromise. "Then i'll watch you from here. If you need help, call me."

Lisa knew that Jeonkook already make concession. if she didn't let him watch, he wouldn't be at ease, so she agreed. "Okay."

Jeonkook sat upright beside the kitchen bar and watched her. Lisa turned on the stove and started cooking. She fried the eggs, boiled the noodles, and prepared the other ingredients. She did everything smoothly and quickly. The children played happily while Lisa was cooking for them. There was no indifference, no argument, no hatred between them. Everything seemed to be bathed a peaceful warmth.

In the past, Lisa only talked to him when necessary, and during meal time, she always ate alone. This was the first time Jeonkook felt at home in this house, but it was hard for him to believe that all of this was real. Was he feeling illusions? Jeonkook opened his palm and clenched it into a fist. Could he grasp this happy moment?

Everything was going smoothly. Suddenly Lisa felt someone hugging her from behind, and a pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist. Jeonkook put his head on her shoulder, said softly, "Lisa, if you're lying to me, please keep doing it a little longer, okay? I really like this feeling. All i want is living a simple life with you and this plain happiness."

Lisa stirred the noodles in the pot with one hand, and held Jeonkook's hand around her waist with the other. "Jeon, i know that no matter what i say now, you won't believe me, so i am not going to explain further. Take your time and see. I will show you with my action."

Jeonkook felt a warm current flow through his heart, his entire body felt warm. But he couldn't let the past go easily, scene of Lisa and Jongin together flashed in his mind. His blood turned cold again. No, he couldn't let himself fall back to the trap again. He had to wake up!

What if Lisa was lying to him? She was just trying to find an opportunity to leave with Jongin. All his efforts would be in vain. Jeonkook forced himself to let go of Lisa. He couldn't trust Lisa anymore.

To Be Continue...