An Unexpected Event

Magic, the strange energy that slumbers within the universe. Its power was too strong for humanity. It has been the beginning of time humanity have used magic in their everyday lives. Nations have begun arming themselves with magic. They have an enormous amount of power. With power to be able to destroy a city, those who use magic to fight in the military have their bodies enhanced by a cutting-edge technology were called 'Consorts', and they've become a symbol of influence throughout the world.

◇◇◇◇◇

Dream:

*BEEP!!!*BEEP!!!*BEEP!!!*

"Blood pressure is dropping!"

"Heartrate increase from 75 to 90 per second!"

"Internal bleeding breaching the pupils!"

"Voice box has conflicted damage!"

"Nerve cells taking damage!"

"Eardrums are damaging!"

"The girl is dying!"

All the doctors and scientists, that were operating a child, were at utter panic. The unfinished drug they had administered was supposed to double the affect of the operation, but instead, it was killing the girl.

The whole room was flashing bright red with the alarm going wild. All of the adults did their best to save the girl, but if they continued the operation, it would finish her off. And to ensure not to suffer a loss, they abandoned the enhancement operation and removed the drug out of the child's system. It was a miracle that the girl survived, something that was clearly out of their expectations.

However, fate was a cruelty to the child. She had a bandage wrapped around her eyes along with a pair of hearing aids in a case on the table beside the bed. The older sibling was crying by his beloved sister's bedside, holding her hand, that had an IV attached to her. Not only that, a heart monitor was plugged into her along with many other machines to monitor her health.

In exchange for the girl to live, the drug and the chemicals in her body had damaged her senses. But in the end, her body was slightly enhanced, but nowhere near close to the others' results.

Breathing heavily through the oxygen mask over her face, the young girl could hardly feel the pain in her heart and body, including her own consciousness. However, one thought suddenly appeared in her head.

'I'm... alive...'

Dream ended:

Breaking out in a cold sweat, Amane jolted up from the king-sized bed, panting. Her teal-grey eyes widened and watered. It was cold, so cold. Shivering, Amane pulled her knees up to her chest and hugged into them, searching for some sort of peace of mind, some sort of solace. Something. Anything.

"You're awake."

Amane jumped at the sudden voice, only to realise she had forgotten to take out her hearing aids last night. She must have been so tired that it slipped her mind. Amane quickly turned her head to where the voice had come from and immediately relaxed when she saw that all too familiar pair of teal eyes.