~eight~

you sighed "i don't know, im one of those people that gets really irritated easily, you know? and asher, hes one of my friends, he started questioning me, like, he was asking me why i didn't tell you to move out of his seat in geography, and when i waved at you, he started getting really like, defensive over me, accusing me of liking you and stuff" you sighed again, you were talking way too quickly, riki looked at you with confusion and concern on his face, but he let you carry on.

"but like, asher acts like he has a crush on me sometimes, and i find it really weird, its like he doesn't want me to ever be your friend" you panicked a little on the inside "friend" you thought. "why would riki want to be my friend?" you sighed. 

"what i mean is like, you seem like a nice person, and like, i want to be your friend, but obviously its okay if y-"

"y/n, slow down" he let out a small chuckle "you need to calm down a little, okay?" you seem really stressed out, come over here" he placed his hand gently on your lower arm and led you to the corner of the locker area. 

"you don't have to explain why youre annoyed at him, i'd be annoyed if someone was acting like that, he seems weird anyways" you couldn't help but laugh, he let out a small laugh too. "plus, i know that you don't like me, you dont have to explain that either, you need to stop worrying y/n, thats one thing i've already noticed about you" you nodded, you'd never really recieved constructive criticism like this, not that you'd needed anyway.

"asher seems like a jealous person if im honest, maybe he has a crush on you?"

"thats what i said to him! then he got really annoyed at me so i just left them all behind, i feel like i struggle with how i get irritated with people, god, im such a bad friend" you put your head in your hands, sitting on the floor and sighing. "they always argue with me, its draining." you didnt wanna get upset infront of someone youd only known for a day, that would be so embarrassing. so you tried to hide any signs of hurt you were showing.

"y/n.. hes not worth your time, honestly, hes only causing you problems, do the others ever stick up for you?"

you shook your head. "they just laugh, i honestly feel like i can't deal with it anymore, i feel so humiliated when they do it" you couldn't hide your hurt anymore, and he knew.

"y/n.." he sat next to you, putting his arm around your shoulder, you had butterflies in your stomach for a second but then told yourself, "hes only trying to comfort you, he doesn't feel the same way, he doesn't actually care". you just wanted the voices in your head to stop, you wanted reassurance.

"seriously, y/n, i know ive only been here a day, im probably a nobody to you, but seriously, im here for you, if you ever need me, just come talk to me okay? i dont really have friends here, so sure, ill be your friend"

"really?" you, embarrassingly, seemed shocked at what he just said. you looked up at him, a soft smile on your face.

"yeah. really"

"wow, im your first friend in this school?" he nodded in response, "first one."

"i feel honoured" the both of you laughed together.

"if im honest though, i think you should stay away from your friends, theyre not good people, i can already tell, i dont like them."

you thought he was being kind of harsh, like, they were your friends, but you liked him too much to ignore his words.

maybe you should listen. 

------------------------------------------------------ 

end of chapter 8 :)

thank you for the positive feedback!

please make sure to let me know what you think