𝙩𝙬𝙤. saved

Dawn was starting to break out. And it would just be another day for the black-haired man, he was out to find food by the sea, because the capital and even the forests of the L/N kingdom was in chaos, and he wanted to avoid that, after all, he doesn't want to be caught up in that mess in the first place, he couldn't care less of what's happening in this kingdom, as long as he is alive, and as long as it doesn't concern his well-being, he will not look into it. He is well updated with everything though, but that's just what he needs, information, and then he does nothing.

"As long as it's not me" he always says.

Today, he was supposed to be accompanied by his assistants, but his assistants didn't wake up, which made him annoyed and just left both of them.

In the course of walking by the shore, his attention was suddenly caught when what seems to be a body of a lady went falling from a cliff not so far away from where he is standing, and then a giant splash occurred in the middle of the ocean, suddenly a muffled scream was heard and a hand was reaching up for some help.

The lady was drowning.

He wanted to ignore it, as if he hadn't seen anything, he wanted to fly away from this place, he didn't want to have any burden or responsibility. But his conscience wouldn't permit it.

"Damn it" he cursed and left his bag to swim across and save whoever it was that was already losing their life.

"S—ave me" was all he heard the moment he was near the lady, he pulled her up and out of the water, and swam back to the shore. But the moment he laid the lady down, she was already unconscious.

He tried saving her by giving her mouth to mouth resuscitation. And luckily, after a few moments, the lady coughed out water.

But she was still unconscious, he sighed and tried to look for some identification, so he can return her back to her family or whoever she lives with, but he saw nothing, except a necklace that was tucked in her clothes that made his eyes widen and curse under his breath the moment he saw it.

"I knew I shouldn't be giving any help to anyone, damn it, now I'm fcking caught up in this mess" he mumbled and sighed in frustration. As much as he wanted to leave the lady behind, he couldn't bring himself to do it. She somehow reminded him of his past.

Sighing once again, he lifted the girl up, her necklace now visibly hanging on her neck and shone as the sun rises and its light reflecting the said necklace.

The necklace that held the royal crest of L/N kingdom.

━━━━━━━━━━━