17

H A V E N

In a room that was filled with a mischievous and dangerously beautiful girl just a week ago, the world has never seemed more off its axis. The intoxicating scent of her was everyone in the room, I mean obviously, it was her room.

We'd flown back to New York 3 days after Mixies grand disappearing act. I was panicking, Vik resembled an angry bull, Ash had stoned himself off, Gabe was with the girls, helping in anyway to find her, and Koda was with Jacob, who didn't even know Mixie had left, since he was busy getting his dick wet.

I stared with furrowed eyebrows, looking in the room for anything that indicates where she might have ran off too. Our side wasn't getting much information on the topic. We'd known a fair amount that Mixie always had a bigger plan than just a visit to a BDSM club, but a Sex Trafficking Ring threw me for a loop. We'd been in the dark about it, unknowing about the situation, even while in California.

"We've been through this room, inside and out. Mixie's smart, she doesn't leave clues." Elaine was behind me, my back slouching as I knew she was right, she was too smart for her own good.

"Do you have any idea why she would want to go after this alone?" I speak without turning around, eyeing the dark toned room, it seemed lifeless without her. I got no response from Elaine, and when I turned to look back, she was gone.

I sighed as I left the room, jogging down the stairs to the large room that had a very large table. Elaine was at the head of the table, standing straight as she stared at Stella.

"Why did she run off by herself Stella? You've talked to her, you wouldn't let us talk to her. Why? What do you know, that you aren't telling us?" There was tension in the air, my eyes darting to Stella, who seemed to be as stoned off as Ash.

"Not now, Elaine." There was a finality tone in her voice, my heart raising its beat by a few as I took a short step back, something about the stern tone had all of us stiff.

"No, now Stella." Elaine wasn't taking no for an answer, her palm slapping against the brown wood table. Elaine was trembling at this point, furious. Jane was sitting beside her, looking at her twin sister with sympathy, then towards Stella with desperation.

"You've hidden something from us Stell, you have information we need to find Mix. Where did our little sister go?" Jane was tearing up, a tear running down her brimmed eye. I blinked as I once more looked over at Stella, a contorted look on her face of pain and reluctance.

It was a heavy and loud silence, my ears ringing as I looked over my brothers, their eyes focused on Stella, the spotlight at the moment. My back moved to further become one with the wall, the tension rising thicker and thicker with each passing second, before Stella shuddered out a sigh.

"That year Mixie went to Paris... she never actually went." I had no knowledge of the story, but I seemed to be just as confused as Jane and Elaine.

"What are you saying?" Elaine exclaimed, a snap in her tone as she blinked rapidly, not understanding, much like me.

"Mixie had been on her way home from the mall, the guards were driving her, but on the deserted road before you get home, they were in an accident." Stella was explaining with a slow voice, seeming shaky and tired, "The truck had flipped, and the guards were killed. The people that crashed into them, took Mixie. She had never gone to Paris, like mom and dad told you two.. Mixie was kidnapped." I'd never heard a more guilty sentence than hers, like she was the one to blame.

"No. No, because we would've know!" Jane shouted, a look of disbelief on her face, eyes darting back and forth between her sisters. Her twin seemed frozen in time, before she shook her head, not believing a word just said. I, on the other hand, was ultimately confused and worried. I understand that Mixie was alive and well just a few days ago, what had she gotten herself into?