XX

[Y/n] couldn't get the image of Sophia's reanimated body out of his head. He had a straight face, but, the tears wouldn't stop rolling down his cheeks. Carol sat across from him in the RV at the table staring out the window. If there was someone he wanted to be around right now it's her.

     Daryl walked in and sat himself on the counter. He didn't say anything, he just sat there. [Y/n] got up and made his way for the RV door.

     "Where you going?", Daryl asked, lightly holding on to the side of [Y/n]'s shirt.

     "To get some air.", [Y/n] answered quietly. Daryl lowered himself from the counter and grabbed the crutch from behind [Y/n]'s previous spot.

     "You need this.", Daryl held the crutch out.

     [Y/n] didn't argue. He took the crutch from Daryl's hand, glanced at Carol, and left the RV.  He limped across the farm's field to the farmhouse. Maybe he'd find Glenn there, or Beth. 

     "Move on?", [Y/n] overheard Maggie's voice in the other room when he entered. He didn't want to be nosy, but, it was so quiet in the house it was hard to not eavesdrop.

     "Yeah, it's just like it meant so much to everyone--", he could hear Glenn's voice too, "Finding her, you know?" 

     "So now you'll just move on?", Maggie questioned Glenn.

     "If we can.", Glenn answered. [Y/n] heart dropped. But his brother was right... "I mean, we've lost others. This is-- This is Sophia. The whole group-- This one was different."

     "So what happens now?"

     "We bury her with your stepmom and your stepbrother."

     "And then?"

     "I don't know."

     Maybe going to the house wasn't such a great idea. [Y/n] limped back out onto the front porch and down the steps. Moving on is the next step, but he didn't know how long that was going to take and it scared him. Made him impatient. 

     Sophia was the little sister he never had. The younger sibling he always dreamed to have since he was the youngest in his family. He adored her. She was sweet, loving, and shy. But now it tears him apart because he couldn't protect her like a big brother he wanted to be for her. 

     [Y/n] watched some of the group move the bodies laying in front of the barn. He sat in his spot on the field and pulled the carved Garfield out of his tool belt and took his machete out of its sheeth. He started carving into the bottom of the wooden sculpture.

S O P H I A

     [Y/n] saw everyone gathered around the buried bodies underneath the trees by the barn. He didn't join them, and he saw Carol hadn't either. She had already told him her little girl died a long time ago and he understood. 

     [Y/n] knew the carving had no sentimental value to either him or Sophia, but he knew he could make it have sentimental value. The shade of trees start to cover [Y/n] as he limped towards the added graves. He wasn't going to lie, the only grave that mattered to him was Sophia's. He didn't know the other people so he had no want to grieve for them.

     [Y/n] didn't care about religion and never had. His parents didn't believe in anything until they migrated to America when Glenn was a kid and [Y/n] was in the womb. They were Christians. Having his parents constantly scold him about not praying at the dinner table or before bed, not going to church, and being a trouble maker so he should look to God-- This made him have negative views on any sort of religion.