XXVII

"On three. Stay tight." Rick ordered as Daryl dug out a tear gas canister from a duffel bag.

"One, two, three."

     Rick swung the door open and Daryl hucked the canister out onto the street. Gas quickly spewed inyo the air making a blind spot.

     "Let's go." Rick ushered.

     Glenn jogged with Maggie and [Y/n]'s help right behind Rick. Oscar and Daryl coverong behind. Guns raised.

     Rick took fire as a man from the wall entrance spots them, "There they are!"

     [Y/n] felt like he was running through a dead man's land like in war. Gunshots earraping him. He made sure Glenn kept up with him, being Glenn's personal human shield.

     Daryl and Rick took the men out that were guarding the entrance. Daryl looks back, seeing more men take aim behind Glenn, Maggie, and [Y/n].

     "Behind you!" Daryl shouted.

     [Y/n] whipped his head around and BANG!

..........................

     [Y/n]'s vision blurred as he opened his eyes, dizziness taking over him. His hands shook as they tried lifting his body off the ground. His teeth clenched and he groaned in pain.

     He startles as Glenn, more aggressively than he expected, grabbed him by the shoulders. [Y/n] watched Glenn's mouth move in his haze but he couldn't hear.

     "What?" [Y/n] asked, not knowing how loud or quiet he was being due to not hearing his own voice. And that's when the panic start to set in.

     "Get cover!" Rick shouted. Daryl caught up to Glenn and [Y/n], pushing the brothers ahead of him and covering them.

     [Y/n] followed Glenn behind the brick wall with everyone else.

     "How many?" Rick shouted.

     "I didn't see," Oscar replied, also shouting.

     "Don't matter. There's gonna be more of them." Daryl mentions. He looked up at [Y/n], seeing the young man sat against the wall in a daze.

     Glenn kneeled next to his brother, inspecting the wound on the side of [Y/n]'s head, "Hey, can you hear me?"

     [Y/n] just stared at his brother. Watching Glenn's lips move but no sound recollected. The pain in his left ear was numbing and the ringing sound was starting to annoy him.

     "We need to move." Daryl states, patting [Y/n]'s knee to get his attention. When [Y/n] looked at him, he pointed towards the entrance with a stern look. [Y/n] nodded.

     [Y/n] helped Glenn stand up and watched Daryl's lips move like he was speaking. [Y/n] really wished he could hear what Daryl was saying.

     Daryl threw a few more canisters out onto the street. [Y/n] waited for someone to start moving so he could follow. And then he was dragged into a running motion.

     [Y/n] kept Glenn up and Glenn kept him in the right direction. They followed Oscar and Maggie, Oscar rushing them as soon as they reached the stacked buses against the wall.

     Oscar helped Glenn first, then [Y/n]. When [Y/n] turned to help Oscar and Maggie up, Oscar was shot.

     [Y/n]'s eyes went wide, watching Oscar fall and, finally, Oscar's scream was faintly heard. [Y/n] stumbled onto the hood of the bus, falling on his knees and hands, trying to help Oscar.