Chapter 5

Author's Note: I do not own any Fandoms' Content or any of its Characters that are seen or used throughout this entire story that you might recognize for they all belong to their respective owners. Any Original Plot, Original Ideas, or OC's belong to me.

~~~~~~~

Natasha was in her apartment, busy disciplining her training exercise when she receives a call from her private communicator. She curses as she knew who is calling. "Hello"

"Romanoff, this is Waller? I'm calling in to gather any intel you have collected from the target and Stygian Corporation."

"Not yet. So far I've been locked out from the company's system. Advanced security they've got and they aren't damn fools with the place comm link shielded."

Waller is not please to hear this lack of progress. She glares at the red hair. "Well you better dig deeper. You only have a few weeks to gather something useful or off with your head." Waller warns, literally being serious with her last remark on the 'head' part. She signs off.

Leaving Natasha to ruffle her hair out of frustration. Just great! Since when has infiltrating been such a pain in the ass? Oh wait, it became one ever since she got taken in and had a bomb implant inside her neck that is ready to go off if she doesn't behave like a good obedient attack dog.

If she was joking, Natasha wouldn't admit that she was thriving on the challenge Amara and her company is giving her but alas she is on a deadline now, which means she has to go for a different tactic.

Natasha thought about how the interview she had with Amara and can tell she's the kind of person that loves getting into people's pants. Perhaps it was time for the old fashion way of gaining inside information via the good ol' Black Widow charm.

She hummed for a moment. Maybe she should take a step one at a time. Start off smaller. Natasha then remembers someone close to Amara.

Faora.

~~~~~~~

Lex sat in his office, watching the news given by Cat Grant on "his" failed assassination attempt against his company competitor of the CEO of Stygian Corporation. Needless to say he is disappointed on the failure of ridding the competition, but he did learn something.

Deathstroke had been taken into Belle Reeve Penitentiary. All except Lady Shiva.

How peculiar.

Both mercenaries were among the dangerous and well-verse combatants in the world. Yet only one is abducted and from the looks of the breakout operation had been quick before the guards can react and were all knocked out, including Deathstroke.

Something strong and fast took Lady Shiva. Lex may loath the likes of Superwoman or aliens, but he highly doubted that the Woman of Steel is going above the law and kidnapping criminals to god knows where.

She doesn't have it in her. Too much of a samaritan. Doesn't change the fact that a Kryptonian was involved and this worries him if this can get leaked back to him, though Lady Shiva is hardly one to talk.

His secretary Mercy Graves walks into his office. "Sir, someone came here to see you."

"Who is it?"