Ruttnande virus: Life of a D-proppar

Prologue

Humans. An intelligent race. Every single human has made a deadly sin even if they deny it. These sins are what make us "human".

The seven most deadly sins are:

1. luxuria (lechery/lust)

2. gula (gluttony)

3. avaritia (avarice/greed)

4. acedia (sloth/discouragement)

5. ira (wrath)

6. invidia (envy)

7. superbia (pride)

If a human has obtained all seven of these sins and then suffers a tragic death like murder or suicide, they will come back from the dead. But not entirely, alive. Half and half.

Like a zombie but not like a zombie. Like a vampire but not a vampire. An undead person, an animated corpse walking around. Still able to talk, think, feel, and learn but their bodies are decaying and falling apart.

The world calls this strange phenomenon Ruttnande Virus. This virus first showed up in Sundsvall, Sweden. A small, quiet town on the coast with beautiful scenery.

The small town didn't know what or why their dead were coming back, but they were terrified of it. They lashed out to the government for help. Soldiers were sent to "re-bury" the infected.

But their efforts to wipe out the virus was futile. It soon spread throughout Sweden. In a couple of months, it was a worldwide epidemic. Spreading throughout the world in only a five month span.

At first, the Ruttnande Virus was like your typical zombie movie, minus the cannibalism. In three years, the virus evolved. The new infected were more human than before.

The world started to go easy on the Ruttnande Virus infectees. Keeping them alive instead of brutally murdering them. Soon, they were know as " D-proppar", or Death stoppers.

After six years of the first evolved D-proppar, each country had set aside land for them. Where they can "live" out the rest of their "lives", be comfortable until their bodies fully rot.

The D-proppar states that are closer to the equator fell into mayhem. The all-year heat caused their bodies to decay faster. Those states were soon shut down, sterilized, and used for "alive" humans once again.

Any D-proppar who are near the equator either have their family pay an outrageous amount to be sent over to a state or , if they can't pay, the ok to the government to kill them again.