Chapter Fourteen: Fear

Fear. That was the major feeling that one Menma Uzumaki was feeling, he truly felt like he was a mortal fighting a death god.

Kisuke held Benihime towards the sky with one hand as an unimaginable force filled the room and it felt like the weight of twenty suns were placed on Menma's shoulders.

Kisuke swung the sword towards Menma without saying anything or doing anything, Menma felt his hands shake as he felt the force of a hurricane hit him.

The wind blew entire small sized mountains to pieces, Menma managed to hold on by channeling all his chakra to his feet and stick on the floor.

Eventually, the wind of a hurricane stopped and Menma took a long breath as he couldn't breath during that encounter.

"W-What technique was that, Mr.Kisuke?" Menma said, slightly stuttering as he took more air into his lungs.

Menma saw Kisuke raise his eyebrow, "That wasn't a technique, I simply swung my Benihime towards you," Kisuke revealed while Menma felt his heart skip a beat.

However, their conversation was interrupted when they heard a massive explosion sounding behind Menma, the young Uzumaki turned around and felt his heart stop.

Behind him was a massive slash about twenty feet wide on the massive painted blue skies of Kisuke's training grounds, not only the but, there was a massive indentation on the painted wall about forty feet inwards.

Unfortunately, Menma's attention was drawn once again towards Kisuke as the young Uzumaki heard Benihime raised into the skies once again.

Menma gripped his Zanapkutō with all his strength as he shakily held it towards Kisuke who held Benihime towards the heavens.

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, please work, I need to survive, I need to project Sakura~chan, I need to become hokage!!" Menma chanted while closing his eyes.

Menma felt two pair of soft hands wrap around his shoulders before entering complete silence and utter darkness.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

*Drop*

*Drop*

*Drop*

*Drop*

*Drop*

Menma opened his eyes, he was back in the nothingness of darkness, it was completely dark with no light.

The young Uzumaki looked down to see him floating around in darkness as gravity did not exist.

The last Uzumaki heard light noises coming from nowhere and everywhere at the same time, they sound like drops of water hitting a light puddle.

Menma, eventually, started to fall further and further down as an unimaginable force was pushing him down like what he felt with Kisuke.

Eventually Menma saw a small amount of water on the ground as everything was still dark black but the water reflected something.

However, that wasn't Menma's attention as he started to fall faster and faster towards the ground with the young Uzumaki feeling nothing.

Menma closed his eyes as he was near the watery grounds but he suddenly stopped. The young Uzumaki felt like he was floating once again and opened his eyes.

He found himself floating still a few inches away from the black watery grounds as in the water, he found his reflection.

But...it wasn't him.