The Stranger in the Inn

Cormes
Eastern Princely State, Melgaard.

The sound of the hooves of four horses came to a halt

The sound of the hooves of four horses came to a halt. The late evening twilight was slowly fading from the sky but the busy streets of Cormes, a princely state in the outskirts of the kingdom of Melgaard was hardly retiring for the day. This part of the kingdom was known for its harsh scathing heat. The great M'hala dessert that marked the boundary of Melgaard often brought sand storms to Cormes and people were ready for it.
On this particular day, Cormes was recovering from a medium storm that had hit it 3 days ago. Camels and horses and men and women all were returning to normalcy. The Melgaardian red and green flag with the golden lion emblem shown in pride every few yards. Street vendors selling dry fruits especially the famed Cormes dates and sorghum for the animals seemed to have an increase in the incomes this evening. And the crowd was just settling in.

Flag of Melgaard

Flag of Melgaard

Noone in particular took notice of their Crown Prince descend from Artax, the strong white horse that was the prince's childhood mate. The young horse nudged his best friend's hand as the prince smiled and ruffled his mane.

"Proof you should come here more often, mate. How doleful that they don't even recognize their own Prince" Jimin said, ruefully smiling, while stroking his own horse.

"Shh....It's better this way." Jungkook smiled, looking around in pride. "It's like looking at your child thrive from the sidelines."

Jimin laughed loudly. "I'd like to hear you say the same thing in front of Her Majesty."

Jungkook just signed, shaking his head to himself. His mother had lately been paranoid about something too irrelevant. His marriage. She had the power to relate any topic back to it which left him tired to assure her that he would indeed marry the woman she chooses, whenever the time is right.

"Jimin-ah." Taehyung said in his deep smooth voice. "Why do you bring it up so often. Let him be at peace."

"He is just trying to challenge the prophecy. He loves seeing Kook dodge what everyone thinks is destined for him. Am I right Park Jimin?"