The Red Flame

Recap: The prophecy is announced that Prince Jungkook is to wed Princess Leana and the entire nation gets into excitement and frenzy as everyone was till then assuming that Princess Leana is dead. Lili requests Jungkook to arrange for sending a letter to someone in Zoraevia. Princess Yuna deduces Lili's identity and the two women confide in each other. Meanwhile , Jimin grows increasingly restless and wants to expose Lili. He knows only one place where he can find the answers he is looking for.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Same evening....

Masuri, North of the Grand Palace.

Northward from the Grand Palace, on one of the lower peaks of the Lidan mountain range, the Munjigi resided in a close-knit, quiet village called Masuri

Northward from the Grand Palace, on one of the lower peaks of the Lidan mountain range, the Munjigi resided in a close-knit, quiet village called Masuri. In old Melgaardian, 'Masul-i' translated literally to birth-place of magic and the place lived up to every syllable of it's name,the climb up nothing less than treacherous, said to cleanse the soul of sinners with each step.

Masuri was blessed with nature. Wildflowers, creepers and snow capped rocks made it a heaven for the eyes.

Monks, priests and priestesses lived here in peace, away from the rest of the country. The serene mountains provided the perfect silence for meditation for who were considered to be superior humans- the Munjigi.

Speaking of silence, a natural phenomenon in Masuri sometimes caused the wind here to make an eery sound, like a faint wail of a woman which would only get broken by constant sounds of prayers and bells chiming.

This evening the wailing sound was particularly distinct and Jimin, on his way up, realised why he avoided coming here.

The brass bell rang in the monastery when Jimin dismounted his horse. The chime marked the sunset. He realised it had been more than a year since he had entered his village. Despite the embarrassment he felt to associate with it, it was very much his home.

Nothing had changed. How a population of 300 maintained such silence, was a wonder.

The Munjigi were mysterious and rigid. Their ways of life and ideologies troubled him. Munjigi children were schooled differently. It consisted of spirituality that Jimin never understood. He was thankful for his parents decision to get him into the royal school in the city. It helped him get a different perspective on life. He met his friends there and now knew that friendship was above everything. Even magic.

"You did great boy" he patted the mane of his horse. It was not a piece of cake to traverse in the winding slopes, not even for a horse.

Jimin looked around at the dark blue sky. The resonance of the bell ring was still in the hair- a deep meditative chime that touched the most inaccessible parts of the brain. The home where Jimins parents live was close by. Even the houses here mimicked monasteries. They were built of wood, were low and lit by oil wick lanterns, hung on the verandah.