The Wadong Vortex

Recap: Princess Yuna's stubborn decision to lead a troupe to Zoraevia gets approved by the council and the King, despite the dangers of the mission as pointed out by Prince Jungkook. The siblings have a bitter fight-off. Meanwhile there is a change in Jimin's demeanour post his interaction with the Munjigi mother superior- Miriam. She reminds Jimin of his lineage and the threats The Red Flame poses on the  society. Leana gets a sinister message to come alone to the cliff top, in the ruins of a fort. She gets attacked by a soldier of death. But before she can know any more, Miriam intervenes and kills him with her sword. As they all come to know the name of Red Flame to be Akaisin, Miriam sheds light on the evil side of Akai, which is something new to Leana. Now Leana is determined to find Akai herself and get answers. Amidst all this, Princess Leana's identity is revealed to Jimin, Miriam and also to Jungkook.

______________________________________________________________________________

Jimin's POV, Immediately after the past events.

It looked like it was going to be a sleepless night for Jimin. The first thing he did when he got to the gates of the Palace, was climb up to the central courtyard, where the tocsin bell hung in its iron frame—a bell rarely rung except in times of dire need. Jimin climbed up the steep stone stairwell of the bell tower . When he got to the top, he grasped the thick rope attached to the tocsin and, and with a determined pull, set the bell into motion. The deep, resonant clang of the tocsin reverberated through the castle and out into the surrounding town, breaking the tranquility of the night and sending a wave of alertness through the walls of the entire palace.

 The deep, resonant clang of the tocsin reverberated through the castle and out into the surrounding town, breaking the tranquility of the night and sending a wave of alertness through the walls of the entire palace

It was the guards who were alerted first and then the royal family. Jimin didn't have to say anything. Yuna, who looked like she was already preparing for it, stepped up and said to the King that it was time. With Miriam's consent and Yuna's assurance that Melgaard's strongest warship- The Sea Dragon was truly ready, the King commanded the will.

The turmoil in Jimin's mind which he had been ignoring till now resurfaced. On one hand there was the rising guilt about his actions towards who he thought was a shady maid. And on the other, it was the ambiguity of the quest they would embark on in a few hours. He still didn't know his purpose- everyone believed he would accompany Yuna as the Head Knightsguard , in charge of the safety of the Princess and he would do so readily. But noone knew about his other entrusted work- to find and kill The Red Flame. It didn't quite sit well with him, to take orders from anyone other than the Royal Family, even if it was from the Mother Superior and his godmother, Miriam.

So he stepped back from the chaos unfurling at the Palace and mounted his horse, making his way to Masul-i village on the pretext of meeting his parents.

______________________________________________________________________________