Chapter 1- Bitches, beaches, and a boy

I slid the key inside of the keyhole and effortlessly turned it. The door opened with a quick push as I stepped inside. I set my backpack down by the entry way and slipped off my shoes. It was finally summer. Freshman year wasn’t as bad as everyone had said it would be. Sure, there was a lot of drama and whores who caused it, but other then that, it was just like eighth grade. I ran up the stairs that led to my secluded bedroom. My windows were propped open, and I could smell the salty air come in. Off to the left of my house was Laguna beach, which had already been populated with the care free teenagers fresh out of school. I plopped down on my bed and let out an over-dramatic sigh. I heard my phone vibrate on my little side table, it was Natalie.

“Hello?” I answered

“Get your lazy ass up. We’re going to the beach.” She replied without hesitation

“Isn’t that a little cliché?” I asked

“We’re going to the beach whether you like it or not Sam.” Natalie demanded.

And with that, she hung up the phone. She didn’t even bother to mention when she would be here. I decided that this would be the summer that I would actually had fun with. I slid off my bed and padded into my closet. My new bikini was folded up on the white shelf. I’m glad I actually bought that damned thing. I threw it on then put a baggy shirt and some jean shorts on over it. I walked over to the mirror in the corner of my room and put my wavy brown hair up into a messy bun. 

“Oh good you’re ready!” Natalie’s voice called from the doorway

“Oh my god! You scared the shit out of me!” I yelled.

“Let’s go!” She nagged

I followed her out of my room and down the stairs into the main rooms. 

“Where is your mom?” She asked as she grabbed her bag off of the counter.

“Business trip.” I responded

She nodded, “Is your brother in charge?” 

“Yep.” I said popping the ‘p’

She opened the door as I followed her out. The door closed with a slam. Our flipflops smacked against the concrete as we walked down to the pier. The air was warm and the sun was incredibly bright. Within five minutes, we we’re at the beach along with other hundreds of teenagers. Natalie had managed to find two open seats by the surfboard rental shop.

“I’m already bored.” I said

“Could you live a little?” Natalie said as she glared at me

“Well I’m breathing.” I muttered

After an hour of Natalie and I sitting and talking about all of the bitches we hated, the sun began to set. The reflection of the orange sun flowed around with the waves.

“Hey I have to get home.. I’ll talk you tomorrow. okay?” Natalie said as she pushed in her chair and gathered her things.

She walked off kicking sand with each footstep. I sat there admiring the beauty of the beach. Birds flew by and the crowds of people started to dwindle down to small groups. This is the time of day I enjoyed the beach.

“How come you’re not out partying like everyone else?” A deep voice asked

“Cause I’m not like everyone else.” I replied

The blonde boy took a seat next to me. “I can see that.” 

“Not to be rude or anything... but do I know you?” I asked

“Highly unlikely.” he chuckled, “I just moved here from Colorado.”

I turned to look at him. I’ll admit, this boy was gorgeous. Blonde hair that had the messy skater boy look to it. Ocean blue eyes that sparkled in the sun. Then he smiled. His braces just added to that cute innocent 15 year old boy look. The thing that topped him all off was the dimples. Two dimples, one on each side of his face.

“I’m Blake by the way.” He said