Chapter 2- Persistant much?

"Sam." I muttered

"So why is a girl like you out late alone on the first day of summer?" Blake asked

"You keep referring to me as a girl like me." I said sarcastically quoting 'girl like me'

He chuckled and flipped his hair. "Well you're cute and the fact that you haven't said anything stupid while in my presence, I assume you're pretty smart."

"I assume you're cocky." I said flashing a fake smile

"Confident." He corrected me. "But honestly, why aren't you out with a big group of friends celebrating summer?"

I shrugged my shoulders and moved a piece of hair out of my face. "Not really my crowd."

"Same." Blake replied nonchalantly. "I prefer writing songs."

I glared at him. "I'm sure that's just something you say to have sex with innocent, naive girls."

Blake smiled a half smile. Showing off one of his dimples. "Not liking parties, true. Writing songs, false. I'm not good with that artsy stuff"

I quietly laughed to myself. It figures that the perfect looking guy hated the things I was into. "So you're the stereotypical jock?"

"I don't really have a classification. I'm just Blake." He said as he ran his fingers through his luscious blonde hair.

His tan skin went well with his dirty blonde hair. But his blue eyes were mesmerizing.

"So why did you come to the beach today, didn't you know that's where all the crazy teens hang out during summer?" I teased

"My dad thought it might be a good way to meet some friends before school started." Blake said. "Glad I at least met you."

I smiled. To be honest, my stomach full of butterflies. It felt like the were having little butterfly babies every time he looked at me.

"Give me your phone." He chimed

I obeyed his order. I pulled my white iPhone 5 from my back pocket and handed it to him. The little Eiffel Tower charm dangled and danced around as he grabbed it from me.

He typed a few letters before Handing it back to me.

'Just Blake.' Was on my screen. Along with a 10 digit phone number.

"Well Just Blake, I have to get home." I said as I stood up out of my chair and pushed it under the little plastic table.

"Maybe we could hang out again?" He asked innocently.

"Don't count on it." I mumbled

"What do you have against me?" He chuckled

"You're cocky and by the looks of you, you're going to be a stereotypical jock next year. I'm not going to get hung up on you." I said as I turned to walk away.

Blake crossed in front of me not allowing me to walk any further.

"Let me change your view." He pleaded

"How?" I asked. I crossed my arms and slightly leaned towards my right side.

"One date. That's all. If you hate me, we can both have a boring summer." He said.

"Where would this date take place? And where?" I questioned. I was panicking on the inside. He just begged ME for a date.

"Tonight. Now. The little snack shack over there." He replied pointing to the little hut up the hill.

"How classy." I jokingly said. "Fine."

Blake smiled and led the way occasionally looking back making sure I hadn't bolted home. I pulled out my phone and texted my brother.

To: Brandon

Went to dinner with Nat. Be home by 8.

From: Brandon

K. Don't do anything stupid. I'm not picking you up.

I slid my phone back into my pocket and sat in a seat across from Blake.

"You look unhappy." He said. "One date, I promise, you won't regret it."