Chapter 2:

~Chapter 2~

3RD POV

He knew it. He knew all about his feelings. And Neji didn't even deny it. He knew it was inevitable. They've been childhood friends ever since they were 5.

In truth, he didn't mind. It was destiny that they met and he wouldn't dare go against destiny. Especially, HIS destiny.

Actually, he's been trying to get her to go out with him ever since they were younger...but someone always interrupted them.

He )

when he first confessed.

~FLASHBACK~

"Hey...um...Alice...would you- would you go o-out with-" Neji was cut off by Alice's twin.

"Hey, Imouto~! What are you doing with that guy? We need to go, Nii-chan will be picking us up." Sasuke said, grabbing her hand and dragging her away from the young Hyuga.

They were in school then.

"NEJI~ TELL ME TOMORROW OKAY?" he heard his crush call out to him as he turned to walk away. A heavy blush overcame his cheeks. Tomorrow. He will get another chance.

~FLASHBACK END~

BUT. The next day was a fail too.

And so was the next day. And the next. And the next.

UNTIL, he decided to think his feelings over like an adult and confess when they were both physically and emotionally ready.

But, the odds didn't seem to be on his side that often.

ALICE'S POV

Again. I was sent on a mission with HIM again.

When is the Hokage gonna learn that what the gods up high has in store for Neji and I...IS NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS.

I sighed and took the scroll. Might as well obey, fighting them would be a waste of energy.

Neji snuck glances at me every now and then as we made our way out of the Hokage's office and onto the main street of Konoha.

I turned to him, "Neji-san, let's meet at the gate in an hour. I still need to pack and cook Nii-chan some food for when I'm gone." I explained.

He nodded and left.

I swiftly turned on my heel and headed home. As soon as I got home, I slammed the door shut and leaned against it.

My right hand flew to the piece of cloth over my heart, hoping its beating would slow down.

Why? Why was I reacting like this towards him?

This is not supposed to happen.

I was destined to die in a battlefield from the moment I was born. If he DID like me...in the end, I would crush his dreams.

And hurt him.

I may act cold most of the time. But...I still care about some people.

And somehow, he became an important...friend?

♣•♦•♠•♥

A/N: It has been a LOOOOONG time since I last updated this story, I know. And I'm VEEEEEERY sorry!

It's just that...I didn't really think this story through...

SO PLEASE COMMENT IF YOU HAVE SOME KIND OF PLOT IN MIND?????

Comment

Fan

Vote