An Excoordinaire!

Finally, we were out of the sandstorm and In Roggan city.

I gotta say, the distance between Suntouched to Vipik and Vipik to Helios is quite different.

Isaac: Soooo... How long is it until we get to Helios?

Jewel: Not that far. You just need to pass by routes 6 and 7.

Isaac: Sigh...

Jewel: Hey, don't shit yourself over it. Some idiot thought it was a good idea to connect 2 routes to 1 path. So really it's just 1 big route.

Isaac: Nah, I'm fine with the length. No rush is needed in a journey. It's just a matter of my legs being tired.

Jewel: Want me to carry you with psychic the rest of the way?

Isaac: Nah, bro. No offense but that sounds weird.

Jewel: Good, You weren't gonna get it anyways.

I ignored his remark and noticed a big crowd.

Isaac: Alrighty then. What would be the commotion here?

Jewel: I don't know... Oh, wait, yeah.

Isaac: What?

Jewel: There was talk a while back of Torren starting up Pokémon contests. Looks to be they're wrapping up building their first one in Roggan town. Granted, there's only one so it's not like there's gonna be a festival or whatever this year.

Isaac: Cool.

Jewel: Wait, don't tell me you find that shit cool.

Isaac: It's a nice idea and brings even more ideas to the table. We live in a world where when people hear "Pokémon trainer", they think it's all about battling and only battling. While I do agree that battling is arguably the best part of being a trainer, there are so many other options you can do if you aren't that hardcore. There are Pokémon contests, Pokémon ping pong, Pokémon dojos, and for those in Unova, you can audition to work part-time at Pokéstar Studios using a rental or your own Pokémon.

Jewel: Blah blah blah + nerd emoji. I don't care. The idea of finding the "beauty of Pokémon and their moves" is just cringe to me.

Of course... his worldview direction is straightforward without looking both ways before crossing the street to miss out on the ice cream truck parked a couple of blocks away.

Isaac: Come to think of it, you could stand some hobbies.

Jewel: I cook. That's a hobby.

Isaac: And very well, might I add. Unfortunately, that's not a hobby. That's a required life skill.

Jewel: Who says it can't be both?

Isaac: No one really, but the more I think about it, the more it conceptually doesn't sit with me. Like is it really a hobby if you're required to do so to keep living?

Jewel: And what are your hobbies?

Isaac: I like playing video games, watching TV, music, reading...

Jewel: Ah so a nerd.

Isaac: I'm fine being called a nerd. And you know what, I'm gonna try out for a potential new hobby. I'm signing up for the contest.