1 Peter

introduction
The readers of the apostle Peter's letter were confused and discouraged by the perseaution they were encountering because of their faith. Peter exhorted them to stand strong, repeatedly reminding them of Christ's example, the riches of their inheritance in him, and the hope of his returning again to take them to heaven. Peter explained how Christians should respond when they suffer because of their beliefs.
Called the "apostle of hope, Peter's primary message is to trust the Lord, live obediently no matter what your circumstances, and keep your hope fixed on God's ultimate promise of deliverance. Suffering is to be expected, but it is temporary and yields great blessings for those who remain steadfast Peter probably wrote this letter in the mid-60s A.D.

Greeting
1
Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who are elect exiles of a the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappa-docia, Asia, and Bithynia, according to
*the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: Jeriss May grace and peace be multiplied to you.

Peter starts off with a greeting to the people he's writing to.

Born Again to a Living Hope
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! "According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4to an inheritance that is imper-ishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 5who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith - more precious than gold that perishes
though it is tested by fire may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, 9 obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the grace that was to be yours searched and inquired carefully, 11 inquiring what person or timel the Spirit of Christ in them was indicating when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glories. 12 It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in the things that have now been announced to you through those who preached the good news to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look.

Something that immediately jumps out at me was verse 8 where it says though you do NOW see him. It jumped out at me as one day we are going to see him and it is going to be amazing.

This passage starts out with according to his never ending mercy, it amazes how often God reminds of his mercy, I like to think as him reminding me, hey no matter what you do, or what you've done, at the end of the day I still love you and if you repent I have never ending mercy, and I want to forgive you.

The promise in verse 4 of the inheritance kept in heaven for you, you can really tell God is wanting to lift your spirits, reminding you of all the good things.

Peter continues to talk about you facing various trials, how it tests the genuineness of your faith. Why does bad things happen o good people? Is often a question that comes up, and I think this is part of the answer to it. Sometimes it to test your faith, other times to draw you closer to God.

If you have any questions or anything to add, feel free to comment or message me, this is just the first part of a study into 1 Peter.