summer love

"good morning, rose" i heard susannah's voice, and i woke up hurriedly.

"oh my god, am i late?" i asked.

"no, you're fine" she said, setting the orange juice on my nightstand.

"are you ready for your big day?" she asked, sitting on my bed.

"i'm not getting married" i chuckled.

"yes" she chuckled "but this is on the second level after wedding" she said.

"i'm nervous" i said.

"what if i trip?" i asked, leaning my head, on my palm.

"you won't" susannah laughed.

"just hold on to your date's arm" she said.

"yeah, of course" i said.

"everything okay?" she asked, concerned.

"yes" i said.

"did i push you into this? you can tell me the truth" she said, feeling insecure.

"oh no no, i did this on my own choice for you, susannah" i said, taking her hands in mine.

"we don't even need to go tonight, if you don't want to, okay?" she said.

"susannah, i want to go" i said, and smiled.

"i wanna finish what i started" i said, sighing.

"and i'm kind of proud, to show everybody" i said, as we both chuckled and she attached our foreheads together.

"i love you so much, beautiful girl" she said, pulling away, with a shaky voice, tears forming in her eyes.

"i love you more, m'lady" i said, as she laughed.

"okay" she said fanning her eyes as i laughed.

"now, meet me downstairs, we've made special breakfast for you" she said, getting off my bed, and i nodded while smiling.

nothing can go wrong today.

as i went downstairs, mom was tearing up.

"i know, you didn't want me to be a deb" i said.

"i didn't, but..." she became silent, shaking her head and trying to control her tears "it's hard to let you go" she said, with shaky voice.

i sighed, and then hugged her tightly as she hugged me back, equally tight.

in the kitchen, jeremiah and belly were throwing cereal into each other's mouths. conrad noticed me and said "hey good morning.. i picked up some of the good muffins" his voice filled with softness, as he set the box on the counter..

"i'm good" i said, snatching the cereal box from jeremiah's hand. i went to grab a bowl, but conrad beat me to it and handed me it.

i ignored him, pouring the cereal in the bowl and turned to the fridge, but conrad walked past me and grabbed it for me.

i glared at him, as i took the carton from him.

"rose, we have to go" susannah said, my dress in her arm.

"oh and everyone, please stay out of the family room. i have done all your paintings, and there will be a big unveiling after the ball" susannah said, she handed jeremiah my dress to put in mom's car.

"hurry, hurry" she said handing me my white heels.

"won't you drive me?" i asked mom.

"i'm going over with susannah, you can drive" she said.