Planning

It had been about a week since Winona had first gotten into the accident and you two were still stuck in Winona, Minnesota.

The doors were locked shut for reporters and photographers until she was recovered enough to be ready for that.

And Winona told them not to allow paparazzi in for at least another week.

So, you're sitting next to her in the hospital, just holding her hand as you begin to wake up.

You blink the sleep away, and the first thing you do is look over to your fiance.

She's looking back at you, smiling lovingly.

"Morning, my love." she murmurs.

You grin, "Good morning, Noni.".

You lean down for a soft, quick kiss before pulling away.

"You all the way awake, love?" she asks.

You nod, "Yep, how could I stay asleep with such a beautiful woman right here?".

She chuckles, "But I don't even have any makeup on, dear!".

You smile.

She hasn't been able to put makeup on since the crash, but you don't care.

She's always been beautiful inside and out.

No matter what.

Makeup or not, she's gorgeous.

"That doesn't matter, my love! You're amazing, you know that? Gorgeous and humble." you reply, gently caressing the side of her face.

She nuzzles her head into your hand for a moment before saying, "I think we should start planning, hm?".

You cock your head, "Planning? Planning for what?".

She smiles from ear-to-ear as she responds after a short moment, "Our wedding!".

In that small moment, it hits you.

For the whole week you'd been by her side, you completely forgot about the ring she put on your finger.

You're actually engaged.

To the love of your life.

Winona fucking Ryder!

Sometimes even you can't believe it.

You're soon-to-be married.

What.

The.

Hell?

A large, goofy smile forms on your face as you say, "Really? You want to plan for the wedding?".

She beams, "Yes! As long as you want to, I don't want to wait to get married, baby. I love you and I want to make it official.".

Your face burns a bright pink as you blush, "I-I want to get married soon too, Winnie. So what were you thinking?".

"Well, first what about the venue? Where'd you like to go, my love?" she asks.

Somehow, you blush impossibly redder as she calls you by that adoring pet name you love.

"Uhm, I'm actually not sure, Winnie...  how about on like some amazing beach somewhere?" you suggest.

She nods, "Sounds wonderful, my dear! And how about the flowers? What kind, what colour, all of it!".

You chuckle, "Sounds like you have everything so organized! How about you pick the flowers?".

She smiles, "Alright.... how about pink lillies? And maybe some white ones too?".

"Of course! And what about the guests?" you ask.

She begins, "Well, my mom, my dad, your family, and of course a ton of uninvited paparazzi but...".

After a moment she winks, "I also thought about booking us a nice house for the week as a little... honeymoon... what do you say, my love?".

You raise your eyebrows, grinning, "Alone? In a secluded little house? With you? I wouldn't trade it for the world, Noni!".

She beams, "Perfect! We can get the details settled, but as soon as I get out of this damn bed we are getting married! Got that?".

You nod, "I got it! Married!".

The two of you spend the rest of the day discussing the wedding and what you both want.

And you couldn't be more excited.

You just hope Winona will one day be able to get out of that bed.

That's all you want.

You would trade the wedding, the ring, everything you own, just for your fiance to be able to walk again.

But there's still hope...

But for how long will it last?