2 - Shine

You'd nearly stared a hole into the homework in front of you for over an hour. All you'd managed to fill out so far was the name and the date but with how much the subject messed with your head, you were starting to doubt having written that out correctly too.

The deafening silence of the room was driving you crazy and two things were clear: you needed a breath of fresh air, and most of all, you needed a miracle. Only one came to mind and the small glint of hope was enough to revitalize you.

Throughout your first week at UA, you'd made several attempts to befriend Bakugo. He never budged. You either got ignored or yelled at. Maybe, just maybe, you could use this as an opportunity to change that and solve your problem.

Or it'd all backfire and you were likely walking towards certain death. As scary as that was, it didn't sound as bad as spending another minute staring at your homework so you continued walking to certain blond's door. It was only a few feet away.

A few gentle knocks rang out throughout the hall. You patiently waited for his door to open, mentally preparing yourself for a near-death experience as soon as he saw you. Despite that, the door didn't open. You raised your hand into a fist for a second set of knocks.

"I don't give a flying fuck what your excuse for this is, I'm blowing you to shit."

Your life flashed before your eyes at the sharp voice behind you and unwillingly, you let out a broken wail of fear as you jumped a distance from him. The situation almost gave you deja vu.

Bakugo held a rigid posture. Instead of the usual uniform you saw him in, he wore a gray shirt with black sweats. One of his hands held onto a bag you recognized from the nearby corner store. Of course, you were way more focused on the crimson eyes narrowed at you--his spoken threat could've been conveyed from the stare alone.

Maybe it was the fear, or maybe you were just plain stupid, because your panicked response took both of you by surprise.

"'Sup, homie g?"

You definitely short-circuited as soon as the words came out. Bakugo's head jerked backward in confusion, his snarl deepening as he stared at you speechless. Regret flooded you,"Wait, no, I meant-"

"I don't care what you meant. Get your shitty ass away from my room", Bakugo scrunched his nose in displeasure, ready to dismiss your stupidity from his day as he began unlocking his door. He didn't care about you enough to concern himself with the interaction that would probably haunt you all week.

The whole purpose of visiting him almost escaped you and you called out,"Wait, I need a favor!!"

He scowled,"Not my problem."

You pleaded unhappily,"Bakugo, please. You're the closest thing I have to a friend in this school."

The man's eyes narrowed,"That's fucking sad. Still doesn't make it my problem."

"But-"

"You don't shut up", he groaned to himself. The disdain in his voice wasn't even hidden,"It's annoying enough during class."

Despite his insult not being directed towards you, you knew damn well he didn't care about you hearing it. Bakugo's entire body was facing you now and his gaze was nothing but demeaning.

You wanted to believe you were used to it but somehow, he always found a way to keep his open hate for you fresh. You swallowed, trying not to make your hurt too visible and responded with a voice lacking any of your prior enthusiasm.

"Well...As I was saying, I kind of hoped you could help me with the chemistry homework..."

You limply motioned to the packet in your hands. The only reason you mentioned it despite his clear unwillingness to talk to you was to know that at the very least, you tried.