Perfect Guy, Perfect Girl

"I always find beauty in things that are odd and imperfect. They are much more interesting."

 --Marc Jacobs

--

Ito ay istorya tungkol sa dalawang perpektong tao. Perpekto sa larangan ng itsura. Si Perfect guy at si Perfect Girl. Perfect, di ba?

Perfect girl have brown, doe eyes that match her long brown hair. Name it and she's got it. Perfect skin, perfect lips, perfect nose... sa sobrang perfect nya, mauumay ka sa pagdi-describe.

Perfect guy has six-pack abs. Not to mention a totally hot body that you would surely drool over. And when he smirks at you, maiihi ka sa kilig.

Perfect guy and perfect girl met one night at a party and upon seeing each other for the first time, they both became attracted to each other's beauty.

And so they dated.

Marami ang naiinggit sa kanila. They were so perfect for each other. Ang kagandahan ni Perfect Girl ay nasasabayan ng kagwapuhan ni Perfect Guy. Walang makareklamo sa relationship nila because they look absolutely perfect together.

Marami kang maririnig na bulong-bulungan na 'sana ako na lang si Perfect Girl' o 'sana ako na lang si Perfect Guy' pero kapag makikita mo na silang magkasama, mapapabuntong-hininga ka na lang dahil aminado ka sa sarili mo na mas bagay sila. Silang dalawa ang para sa isa't isa.

And so you'll keep your illusions to yourself.

Although they were initially attracted to each other's hotness, hindi rin maiwasan na sa araw-araw nilang magkasama ay magkaroon nang kaunting feelings sa isa't isa.

Aside from being beautiful, both are funny and witty. They never run out of topics and opinions about everything. Obliviously, both became invested to each other.

Feelings grew.

Yet... those feelings aren't enough. Perfect Girl thought it was okay for her to not be dolled up all the time because clearly, what they share now is not only mere attraction to each other's beauty. They felt a genuine connection.

So she tried focusing more on feelings and less on her appearance.

Then later on, Perfect Guy got tired of her. She ended up being dumped.

After a while, Perfect Guy couldn't find someone to replace Perfect Girl with. No one seemed to be pretty enough. Kaya naisip ni Perfect Guy na pumatol sa lesser mortal.

He met this Not-So-Pretty Girl na kung tutuusin ay maganda rin naman. Kaya lang, hindi niya masasabi na head-turner ito. Si NSP Girl kase ay bihirang mag-ayos at kung tititigan mo lamang ay saka lumalabas ang ganda.

But he ignored that fact and tried to focus on her personality.

NSP Girl is funnier and more open than Perfect Girl. She's more carefree and thoughtful. She eats voraciously na para bang hindi ito conscious sa katawan nito. Tumaba man o hindi, she really doesn't give a fig about her figure.

As days go by, Perfect Guy became a little too comfortable with her.

He skips his gym time to be with NSP Girl more often. He eats a lot para masabayan niya ang appetite nito. Instead of doing his daily routine of running a few kilometers a day and doing outdoorsy stuffs, you'd often find him cuddled with NSP Girl on a couch watching movies.

That earned him a few more inches on the waistline.

Hindi na rin sya madalas mag-ahit kaya nagmumukha na syang hobo.

In the end, NSP Girl got tired of him. Perfect Guy was dumped.

NSP Girl now learned that she doesn't need a Perfect Guy to be happy. Hassle din kase. Ang daming lumalait sa kanya. Kesyo hindi raw sila bagay. Mukha daw syang katulong... ganto ganyan.

Although she's not particularly insecure about herself, syempre nakakasakit pa rin ang opinyon ng ibang tao. Lalo na kapag palagi siyang ikinukumpara sa mga previous girlfriends ni Perfect Guy.

So NSP Girl looked for someone with an average look. Hindi naman sya nabigo. There's this plain-looking guy who doesn't really go to the gym. In fact, he's a certified couch potato who lazes around all day doing nothing but watch movies.

Kay Plain-Looking Guy ni NSP Girl nakita ang sarili niya. Masayahin sila pareho at hindi masyadong sineseryoso ang itsura.

They were comfortable with each other. NSP Girl could face PL Guy without a single touch of makeup on her face.

PL Guy loves how NSP Girl tolerates his bulging belly and stubborn stubbles and how she finds them adorable.

They can make each other laugh to the point of farting.

Oh what a life! They were happy knowing that they love each other in spite of all the flows in their physicality.

They were truly happy...

And so, they decided to get married.

--

Old, wrinkly and both slouched, No-Way-Near Perfect Guy and No-Way-Near Perfect Girl walk hand-in-hand in the park. Many were inspired by their love story. Akalain mo nga namang tumagal sila nang 56 years?

In this day and age—that is quite something.

Kapag may nagtatanong sa kanila kung ano'ng sikreto nang matibay nilang relasyon, magngingitian lamang ang dalawang matanda saka magkikwento si lola.

Noong araw, may isang perpektong lalaki at perpektong babae. Perfect di ba? At first, it was only attraction but later on, it developed into something else. Something far more than just being in love with perfection.

Perfect Girl got flawed... but instead of getting dumped, Perfect Guy chose to stay with her. Sa kabila nang kagandahan nitong unti-unting nababawasan, mas pinili ni Perfect Guy na 'wag syang iwan. He stayed for the Perfect Girl he saw beneath that fading perfection.

He saw the Perfect Girl that can make him laugh so hard and do crazy things.

The once Perfect Girl became the Not-So-Pretty Girl.

She's not as dazzling as she was before but she became more open. More open to accept her flaws. More open to look behind that perfection she sees in the mirror.

More open to the concept of getting her eye-makeup smeared because of crying over some sappy story. More open to showing off her gums from smiling too wide...

And all the while, she didn't notice that he's getting comfortable with her new self.

Hindi naman sa napapabayaan na ni Perfect Guy ang itsura nito but he became less vain. He cared less. Kase naisip nya na hindi naman pala ganoon kaimportante ang panlabas na anyo sa taong kilala ka na inside and out.

And you know what? He became happier too.

So, Perfect Guy got dumped by Not-So-Pretty Girl for he became the Plain-Looking Guy. And finally, both lines that got lost along the way got connected again by something stronger than attraction.

At para hindi na nila mapakawalan ang isa't isa... nagpakasal sila.

They were once a perfect sight. Na para bang hinulma ng langit ang mga itsura nila. But along the way, they decided to forego that need to be beautiful on the outside.

It's not that they have forgotten to take care of themselves but instead, they tried to focus on something else... something they both know would last longer than youth and beauty.

They both found love and cherished it.

--

For all the superficial people out there~~~