chapter 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

ᵈʳᵃᵍᵒⁿ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ

˖⁺‧₊˚🪽.° ༘

[ garden chatter ]

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐡, 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐳𝐞𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

Your hair flew behind you as you made your way through the gardens of King's Landing. The Supper was certainly an interesting experience, and you had thought about it the entirety of last night as you tried to sleep.

Jace had offered to walk with you and join you on your morning read, but you had declined, purely on the fact that you knew he was still studying High Valyrion in his room with his stepfather, Daemon. He was a merciless teacher, but he was extremely fluent in the language.

You turned around, meeting the eyes of your loyal guard and friend, Ser Jareth Clegane. He was a stoic man with a tall and muscular frame and had been your royal guard since you had turned five years old.

"I'll be fine on my own, Jareth," you murmured with a smile, opening your book to the current chapter you were on.

The man huffed, shaking his head. "Are you sure, my lady?"

"I am sure," you nodded, sparing him a smile as you walked away, listening for his heavy footfalls. You didn't hear him or his labored breathing, so you grinned to yourself; finally, you would be alone. As much as you loved the company of your favorite people, sometimes you craved pure and utter loneliness. Of course, with a book as your companion.

Taking a seat on one of the stone benches, you settled on the seat with a hum, taking a quick glance at the gardens. Today was bright, so the sunlight filtered in through the leaves of the trees and bushes all around you. King's Landing was a beautiful city, but this garden was by far your favorite place to go for it reminded you of home.

Finally, you allowed yourself to sink into the pages of your novel. You loved the world your mind could easily create when only reading a handful of words, imagining the towns and villages the characters travelled to, or the other-worldly animals described in the book.

"Hello, byka sōvian."

You jolted in your spot, quickly looking up to find Aemond standing by the vinework of gladiolus flowers, the blossoms being a vast contrast of pinks and yellows compared to his dark clothing.

"What do you want?" you questioned, lowering your book to your lap.

"Am I not allowed to wander my own gardens?" he asked with a tilt of his head, causing you to huff as you realized he was right. This was his home; therefore, he could roam wherever he wished to.

"If you won't leave, then I will," you muttered, gathering the skirt of your dress and standing up, not even bothering to look at the prince as you passed. Suddenly, you felt the hard book in your hands be ripped from your grip, causing you to spin around as you watched Aemond glance at the front cover.

"What's this? Old Valyrian children's stories?" he hummed out a chuckle, casting his eye over to you.

"Give it back," you demanded, seething in your spot. Aemond didn't respond, instead opening the cover of the book and flipping through the pages.