chapter 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

ᵈʳᵃᵍᵒⁿ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ

˖⁺‧₊˚🪽.° ༘

[ the coronation ]

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

Alicent and Otto had turned away from Aemond and Helaena, watching as you approached them. The woman held a look of indecency, whilst Otto raised his fraying eyebrows at you. 

You had guts, he would give you that. To show up at the coronation of the new king in red? Well, you were surely sprung off the same branch as your calculating father. 

Guards flanked either side of you on orders of their queen, guarding you from the feasting onlookers of King's Landing. Many held their hands out, wishing to touch just a sliver of your velvet gown, but you kept your gaze straight ahead on the royal family. 

You knew it would cause a brash disturbance upon your choice of color. But this was merely a statement. It wasn't a threat, or anything severe as to come off dangerous. It was merely a warning. Of what was to come. 

And Alicent knew that. 

Her lips pulled into a frown as you walked up the steps, pace slow and quite frankly, unnerving. Your eyes held a certain frightening gleam in them that she had never seen before. 

You came to a stop in front of her, the skirt of your dress held in your hands as you bowed. Hair pulled into an elaborate style, with glittering red pendants weaving through some of the tendrils, they complimented the deep red gown you wore. The neckline had a small plunge, and it fell around your shoulders, with long sleeves covering part of your hand. A golden belt sat loosely at your waist, whilst the skirting fell to the floor with a slight train.

 A golden belt sat loosely at your waist, whilst the skirting fell to the floor with a slight train

"My Queen," you nodded, the woman offering a tiny and stiff smile. "I am sorry I could not heed to your wishes in mentions of my dress. Green is a beautiful color, but I find that red overcomes it in terms of..." You trailed off, and the woman's nose flared, before you grinned softly. "Well, I needn't bore you with my gown choices."

You walked away from her before she could speak, leaving her frowning deeply as her gaze stayed on where you once stood. You stopped beside Aemond, the boy watching you from the corner of his eye. The patch covering his sapphire did nothing to hinder his stare, before he spoke, "Red at my brother's coronation for the throne? You really are asking for it, byka sōvion."