chapter 𝐭𝐞𝐧.

ᵈʳᵃᵍᵒⁿ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ

˖⁺‧₊˚🪽.° ༘

[ reunite ]

ೃ⁀➷
          warnings; childbirth.
                                 miscarriage.

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

You had grown so fond of your new home and had barely had enough time to say goodbye to it when you and the Targaryen's had made haste for King's Landing.

Ser Erryk smiled at you when you turned around, and you bounded across the small deck, rushing up the stairs and stopping beside him. "We're nearly there!" you exclaimed in happiness.

"That we are, my lady," he mused.

"Thank you," you said after a moment, turning to look at the knight. "You have been my silent protector over my time at King's Landing. You have delivered me here now, to my new family." You pressed your hand to your heart with a soft look in your eyes that had Ser Erryk nearly fainting. "For that, I am forever indebted to you."

"My lady, please, you do not have to-."

"I insist, Erryk," you interrupted with a chuckle. "I have a feeling that you never take any true thanks from the people you serve."

"You would be one of the first," Erryk revealed softly, before speaking again, "That, of course, pairing with the Queen Rhaenyra."

You chuckled, shaking your head, before moving your gaze to Dragonstone. It was so close. He was so close.

Within the hour, the ship had docked, and you and Ser Erryk were greeted upon the soldiers of Dragonstone. To your surprise, Daemon appeared from the horde with a slight smirk, nodding his head to you in greeting. 

"It is nice to see you back," he hummed, balancing his hands on his sword, Dark Sister.

"It is nice to be back," you responded with a smile.

"Come," the Rogue Prince beckoned, holding his hand out. "My wife misses you, and the boys won't stop their whining." You chuckled, shaking your head at the thought of your strong boys grumbling, awaiting your arrival.

You took Daemon's hand, and he led you through the swarm of soldiers who nodded at you in regards. The man led you up the stone stairs of the castle, before you finally entered the dark oceanside fortress. You had missed these hallowed halls, and the candlelight flickering off the deep grey rock walls, alongside rich tapestries portraying bloody battles and joyous ceremonies in Targaryen history.