Part 1.

Jason’s P.O.V:

“hold on...He’s alive! call the ambulance now!” 

My head was throbbing I can feel my vision fading away...There is too much pain to even concentrate on one thing. I can’t comprehend on what anybody is saying, its like I’m in a different world...My eye lids are getting heavier by the second. Am I dying? the pain is unbearable, right now dying doesn't seem like a bad idea. Maybe I should just take a quick nap...

Hailey’s  P.O.V

Where is he? He promised he would be ere by now! It’s already 3:19 pm, we were supposed to meet here 2:30 pm. Let me guess, work? I have an amazing dad, don’t I? I guess work has always been his first priority, even over me. Maybe I should start calling him by his work name, Officer Stokes, just like the rest of his co-workers. It’s amazing that he devotes himself to saving people, especially after mum died. We were a happy, normal family. He loved mum, he loved me, he still does, but I have a feeling that to him, work will always come first. I am usually used to this , but today is a special day, how could he forget? Has he already moved on? I understand if he has, but I still haven’t, I still need support, I need him. That’s it, I’ve had enough! Now I’m furious.

Jason’s P.O.V.

“... wake up.....”

“Give him some time, the doctor said......”

My head hurts. Way too much to comprehend the situation. It hurts to breathe. I already tried to take a deep breath, but a sharp pain spread across my whole body. 

“Well, look who’s awake.”

Shit.  I know that voice. “...Stokes...?” I manage to mumble out. My voice came out strained and weak. I hate it, it makes me look weak.

“Looks like your head’s ok. No memory loss?” he answered back,whilst making himself comfortable in the ugly green chair positioned next to my bed. This is going to be long...

“What do you want Stokes? Why are you even here?” I asked, trying to sound as fearless as possible.

“Why am I here? WHY AM I HERE? Do you want me to explain everything to you punk, or has that bullet messed with your head too, kid?”

That pissed me off. “Don’t call me kid. The things that I do, does it seem like child’s play to you?” I hissed back at him.

“So you admit to committing all of the crimes, including the murder of your legal guardian?”

“ I didn’t say that.” I said.

“ I’ve seen many punks like you in my time, but you are the first to make my blood boil like this!”

I chuckled at his remark. “I’ll take that as a compliment. But should I wait for an explosion from you?”

“Don’t push my buttons kid. What you did, all of those bombs, that was a serious crime. How can you live with yourself, knowing that you killed all of those people?”

“The same way you can live, knowing that you killed my brother!!!”

“I had no choice, i did it for the good of everyone!”

“Yeah that’s what you think! What about me? I have no one left to--” before i could even finish my sentence, a girl burst through the door, screaming her frickin’ ass off.

“YOU PROMISED! HOW COULD YOU FORGET? I REALLY BELIEVED THAT THIS TIME, YOU WOULD ACTUALLY KEEP YOUR PROMISE! It’s mum’s death anniversary, why dad, why.....?” I heard stokes cuss under his breath. What is this chick talking about? I looked at  the girl. She was hysterically crying. Wait. If that chick is crying to stokes about her mum and calling him dad, then this girl must be..... Stokes’ s daughter? This shall be fun....

I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Thanks for reading!!! Please comment! xo